Auto flower and photoperiod plants light schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Auto flower and photoperiod plants light schedule

I started growing 3 auto flower plants which 2 are in the flowering stage. My problem is one of the plants doesn't seem to be an auto flower. Can I switch to 12/12 light schedule without hurting the 2 auto flower plants that are now in bud stage? I am at a 18/6 light schedule now. I don't want to lose the photoperiod plant because it is so healthy, but don't want to stunt the bud enhancement of the other 2.

How far along in flower are autos give more details. This is going to be very important to helping you make this work. Strains and ages, soil or DWC. Light and tent all of it helps.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Gordo
      Gordo commented
      Editing a comment
      My plants are about 3 weeks into the bud phase. I am growing in DWC. The plants are Blue Dream auto. One is doing fine the other is acting like a photoperiod. The third is White LSD auto. I had a problem with heat during the first couple of weeks of vegetative but have it corrected. The roots look good, but not as big as I have had in the past. I'm using 600 watt LCD, one for each plant. They are getting the proper nutrients and are healthy. The photoperiod plant is getting very big for my small space and I would like to get it to start budding, but not at the expense of harming the other two plants. Will the other two stop fattening up if I go to 12/12?

Well I had to do the same thing as you but my autos were maybe 3wks from harvest when I switched to 12/12 for my photos. Man this is going to be tough you got a couple choices. Oh and I am in soil and not a DWC so i'm not experienced with it. I can only say my autos did not seem to be bothered nor loose any potency by being 3 wks at 12/12 with the photos but again mine were closer to the harvest.

I hope someone with DWC will chime in soon. Not sure what difference it will make other than DWC finishes quicker than soil from what I hear and see? I'm sorry Gordo wish I could be of more help I guess it's just the timing between the two strains that is bad.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My take-if the photo(?) is at the size you would like to initiate flowering then cut lights to 12/12.
      You may lose a little yield on the pair of autos but it shouldn't be much.
      I've had to do this in the past when supposed 'autos' were in fact photos.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X