What in all that is Cannabis is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What in all that is Cannabis is this?

Hi Guys! Took a full time job (before I worked from home) shortly after planting these 3 seeds from Seedsman (NL Auto, Critical XXL Auto, Wipeout Express Auto). So I haven't had much time to post on here, but all seemed to be doing well. All were supposed to be harvested at 8-9 weeks, but now we're on week 12. I knew going in it might take longer than predicted, and they will probably be harvested next week based on the look of the tirchomes.

However, I don't know what to do with the Critical XXL Auto plant. First, it was supposed to be a short plant and it grew up past my light in the tent to over 4' tall. I started tieing it to the side of the tent to get it to lean and still get light. The second and weird problem is the development of the plant.

This is only my 2nd grow and the first was an unknown bagseed so I don't have a clue what this plant is doing. I've attached some pics to see if someone here can shed some light?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jna313; 05-30-2020, 02:29 PM.

pls del ....
    Last edited by vostok; 05-30-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Wow. That was an unnecessary and shitty response. Either this isn't the place for me or it isn't the place for you. The time it took you to create that response you could have done something more positive or jerked off our something that doesn't involve insulting a stranger. Or at the very least checked my profile and previous posts to see that I do care, and am learning. That is the freaking purpose of this forum.

For anyone that actually wants to give some advice as opposed to being an asshole, I water my plants every singe day that they need it, which has been about 1.5 gal split between 3 plants for the past 2 months. They are on a 12/12 light schedule, as the tent was getting too hot going 18 hours on. I used Happy Frog soil and give specified nutrients as well as cal-mag every other feeding. 2 lights 350W and 450W, though lately I've just been using the 450 due to heat/humidity issues in the tent. I have a floor fan inside, a floor fan blowing fresh air in through a vent, a clip fan up top, and a carbon filtered exhaust fan.
      All plants are in 3 gallon pots.

My first grow was fairly successful for a first-time closet grow and the results were fantastic flower.

All I'm asking is what is going on with this plant, as the other two are flowering normally and are about a week from harvest.

Comment

Loose and larfy buds - maybe they sent you a seed from a hermied plant. I have 2 finishing the same way - I kicked them out of the tent to the backyard- they were seeds from a hermied plant I had. I don't know what to do with mine either? Maybe finish them and make canna butter with them. As for Vostock - he comes off that way sometimes and other times he actually posts answers that seem to have common sense attached to them. Me I kinda ignore
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just finished growing my first batch of Bruce Banner which grew much like your plant is doing - except BB is supposed to grow like a sativa! I'm presuming the Critical XXL Auto is from Garden of Green. I looked up the strain info on Seedsman's site. None of its parents have sativa lineage, so this shouldn't happen. GoG may have mislabeled a batch of seeds or maybe one maverick fell in with the Critical XXL from another bin. You could always contact Seedsman and GoG to see if others have had similar experiences. Mistakes happen especially when all cannabis seeds look pretty much alike.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

And now that I've read Canuck147's post, that batch of seeds might have been pollinated with pollen taken from another strain by mistake.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

hi jna,

i've had 4 moby dick xxl's, (dinafem auto's), and 1 of them did that - a lot of tiny little buds, something like what your pictures show.
              and i've had a malana bomb auto (barneys farm) do the same thing as well.

both plants turned out quite well, perhaps a bit more 'labour intensive' to process than usual, but still good.

i'd let it grow out!
              give it care as you would normally do.

I've had a few auto's 'lag' as well... supposedly 11-12 weeks... but some go on for 14 - 16 weeks...

hope that helps.

FDP.
              Last edited by FlyingDutchPaddy; 05-30-2020, 03:20 PM. Reason: corrected a 'didnt read carefully' moment
              GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
              2x CDMH 315W lights
              870m3/hr fan
              8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

jna313 Not all are as rude as Vostock he's a special know it all so just ignore his unhelpfulness. I too believe the genetics of this may be unstable. I'd just grow till trichs look ready as you like them...harvest it. It's real easy to make edibles with the plant. Every thing sounded like you just got a bad seed. We do get those even with good breeders I had bad seed autos last summer all dwarfs single stalk cola maybe 3 grams LOL off each. What a hoot
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Howdy jna313 You say your plants have an 8-9 week grow time. You might want to look back at that. It's probably an 8-9 week flowering time. Figure, maybe, 4 weeks of veg before flowering happens.
                  I can't tell you about seed lineage, nor others' responses.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6
                  Nutes
                  CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X