Topping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping

I just topped my plant (razor blade after sterilization in hydrogen peroxide) at about the 6-7th node. I left some stem remaining where I cut, and I didn't damage or touch anything aside from the stem. I've read that the growth will now shift to lateral and my question is, should I up my nutrient feeding? Will my existing nodes now flourish evenly?
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

That's a good topping Gjourney101 no don't up nute feeding keep it the same. Good work
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You can use kelp meal that will aid with cell division and help your plants branch out. Look at Aloe Vera as well.

Comment

Yes they will grow up in twos and the energy from the plant is divided for a more bushy grow instead of a Christmas tree shape.
        it looks good the topping 👍🏻
        if the plant is happy you don’t need to feed more nutrients, keep it at the same. If you have good genetics - it will not even shock the plant - and will keep on growing as usual 😊.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Damn!
          Now I've got to get some alcohol to sterilize my thumbnail before I top my girls...
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X