1st ever grow - Help settle an argument/another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st ever grow - Help settle an argument/another question

hi everyone, I hope today is treating you well!

I want to FIM my girl (pic attached) my other half said its too early, i think the time is right - yes or no guys? Also I have 2 other plants that are 2 weeks behind the one attached, when I switch my lights to flowering can I switch while the other 2 are not quite as old? If that makes sense.

Tent, LED lights, Feminised Amnesia Haze
    Attached Files

your plant do as you wish the real question here is

Do you think you are gonna be happy come harvest day..?

IMO FIM (fuck I missed, a pinching out technique used on the 2nd/3rd lateral)

it rarley leads to the massive kola explosions that many noobs dream off
    but often can lead to a pythium attack or bud rot later during flower

your choice

good luck

Comment

Thank you for your advice 😊 I thought it was more to do with the buds and creating a table? So all the buds get enough light and don’t go moldy, but if I don’t need to do it I’d rather not to be honest as I am nervous about doing it -Thank you

Comment

It is a bit early. It’s just starting to make some leaves and establishing roots so I would wait another week

Comment

Originally posted by Cazald68 View Post
          Thank you for your advice 😊 I thought it was more to do with the buds and creating a table? So all the buds get enough light and don’t go moldy, but if I don’t need to do it I’d rather not to be honest as I am nervous about doing it -Thank you
          Weed has grown very well for millions of years before man or women showed up
          as this is your first I'd just grow her out text book style no lsting or fimming ...no hassle
          no burnt tips no nute burn ...just love and water by weight

next grow well thats up to you ...lol

hint hint kiddie pools make great outdoor grow pots .,...lol

good luck

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            What Vostok said. First grow...soil and water. Still enjoying that bud. Second grow...soil, water and some nutes. Third and current grow, soil, autopots, nutes, and topped the girls. Was hesitant about that because I don't want to harm the plants (bad karma). Considered Fimming but in the end opted for topping. Lots of good info on the GWE site about plant training. Lots of convo about yields etc, but I'm not so concerned about that. I just want to grow good weed for my own consumption.

I’m flipping a plant that’s only been above ground a few weeks tomorrow because I want to try that strain out. If yield isn’t a concern, you can flower them as early as you want.

Comment

• Cazald68
            Cazald68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you 😊

If you're looking to create a manifold, I would suggest topping as opposed to fimming. Reason being is it's a guaranteed method and fimming is not. Personally I use the quadlining technique along with supercropping and it works great.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I’ve started doing. A true mainline looks a lot cooler but takes a lot longer

Thank you all so much, very helpful! I think I will leave it as it is my first grow and see how I go!! Cheers guys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X