Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help

Need some veterans advice on growing ak47 strain getting ready to germinate best practices would be great new to this

Soil grow ? If so - germinate in the soil right away - and most natural way also
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Ocean foxfarm soil is the soil I'm using 120 watt full spectrum led light small grow tent

Comment

I have 2 AK 47 right now outside.
        but every time I germinate is directly in the soil. 👍🏻
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

How deep and how long does it take. How often should I water

Comment

1-2 cm in the soil.
            depends on the genética of course. But mine take 3-4 days, then they are up from the soil.
            keep it moist all time. Just a small circle around the spot where the seeds is planted.
            I always start in my final pot - so I use a spray bottle to keep the little circle moist

Comment

Thanks for the advice sound like you have done this a few times lol. so I have 5 gal fabric bags you think it would be better to start the seed in the final pot or smaller remember I'm new to this and don't want to screw it up.

Comment

I’ve always used a final pot, since my very first grow.
                auto or feminized doesn’t make a different for me. I don’t have to make transplants when my plants is outgrown the small pots - so for that I’m happy. Autos are essential for starting in the final container - as soon as you spout the seeds, the clock is ticking and a transplant could shock them. Meaning lower yields in my opinion.

the thing with starting in their final pot - it’s very easy to over water for example. But again I use the spray bottle for the first 2-3 weeks of their lives, then I’m sure I don’t over water the plants.

Comment

Sounds great. I have a 120 watt full spectrum led for my grow how far away should I keep it from the pot in order to prevent stretching of the seedling

Comment

I don’t know what kind of led you have. And what model. So for me to say that is really hard.
                    you have to look at the seedling when it comes up. If they stretch you need the light closer (of course)
                    The firm that made the lamp should also have some advise of distance from the plants in every stage, should be possible to find.

I just look at my plants to be honest. But read what the manufacturer is proposing also ☺️

Comment

Thanks for the advice will keep you updated with my grow hope all goes well

Comment

You’re welcome 😊

Comment

I agree with CaptainWiese91 you can plant them straight in your soil if you want. There's also the cup of water method, drop seeds in a cup of water and wait a few days. And there's the paper towel method, just put into a folded wet paper towel on a plate. It's really personal preference, I've used all 3 methods successfully. Most people from what I've seen use a smaller pot to start with and transplant accordingly. Some start in a solo cup and go to a one or 2 gallon pot, and then the final pot. Personally I start in one gallon and go to the final from there. Some say that it stresses the plants when you transplant but I haven't really seen it. Worse stress I've seen from transplanting was because I had to knock all the soil off the roots so I could plant in better soil. Even then, it was only a day or 2 and she was right back where she was at before. Less transplanting equals less stress but it's also easy to under or over water your plant in a pot that's too big. I also use a spray bottle at first. I've also found if you get a small plastic bottle (like a 16oz water bottle) and poke a few holes toward the top, it makes it like a mini watering can and safer for the weak sprouts. Hope that helps

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                            SoOrbudgal commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have done paper towel method for germination 99% of the time when I do MJ seeds. Failure to germinate is either environmental mistakes, or me making bad choice of seed producers ( low grade unstable genetics ). It's gotta be warm and humid. I have placed seeds in water then into soil also, but I prefer the paper towel I want to see the root but that's me. I have not had issue with going into a small solo cup then into final pot. I transplant autos and photos not a issue no shock no slowing down. I do the same as many many growers do small seedling container to final pot when it's grown a couple nodes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X