Help with Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Humidity

I switched my plant to flowering on the 16th of April, so it's now in mid/late flowering. Ever since I came back from leaving the plant unattended for 8 days I'm having problems with humidity. Despite 5 moisture absorbents in my small grow tent RH is between 52% and 60% and usually sitting around 55%. How big of a problem is this? What are some other ways I can lower humidity?

with plenty of airflow you might be OK. Might consider investing in a decent dehumidifier in the future
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 3 fans, I use one as an exhaust fan and the other 2 inside the tent for ventilation. Would using one of those two fans as an intake fan (blowing air from outside the tent to the inside) raise or lower the humidity level? Also how can I check for mold/rot problems?

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have a good exhaust you shouldn't need a intake fan but won't hurt to have intake. Humidity in tent always gonna be higher because of your plants. Just make sure you have a few oscillating fans blowing around your plants. You can see white powdery mildew on leaves and for bud rot buds will turn brown and you can take a peek inside and look for mold.

I would leave flaps open on tent when lights are on just a idea I've done this with high humidity it works.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll try that, but I'm a little skeptical because humidity outside tent is really high too, the weather app is telling me that i have 81% humidity outdoors.

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      It definitely helped, thank you!

if your in a high humid area you definitely need to invest in a proper size dehumidifier for the room your growing in. 40-50% in flower is ideal.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to for sure, they are a little expensive though. It's also crazy how at the beginning of the grow I was struggling to keep the humidity up and now I'm struggling to keep it down. A though but rewarding challenge haha.

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes you can find a good used dehumidifier on Craigslist or even eBay.

I live and grow in the Smokies, so it's always humid here.
    I invested in a 50-pint dehuey a couple of years ago. It's been a good investment and makes keeping RH in check.
    I also found that pm and rot are very strain dependent so having a lot of airflow across the plants helps prevent micro-climates in the canopy.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'll definitely have to invest in a dehumidifier! I opened all the flap and the ventilators create a nice airflow. Right now the humidity is at 52%. Still a little to high, but I think I'll be fine, the plant looks healthy. Hopefully Amnesia is a mold and rot resistant strain then!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X