Hash oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash oil

OK, so I tried my first attempt to make hash oil for a batch of gummies. I followed the basic guidelines of cooking down my tincture and had somewhat of a thin syrup consistency but after it cooled it pretty much solidified. Can I microwave it or put it in a hot water bath to liquefy it again.

Yes but each time you’re heating the tincture you’re losing potency fyi

Comment

What method did you use for the extraction?
      Alcohol or Butane ?
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Rookieweeder
        Rookieweeder commented
        Editing a comment
        I used 151 everclear,

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Roger that

you are not losing potency when you gently reheat. Just heat it up enough to get it liquid again and add to recipe. I use to just throw it in hard but makes stirring quickly hard.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Also make sure no ethanol in oil. Can start a fire

Also wondering if you decarbed the bud or oil. If you didn't you won't get to high
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good point Cloud

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never decarbed my buds or my oil for that reason and I get very high of my BHO.
        Depends on the potency well then.

• Rookieweeder
        Rookieweeder commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I decarded my bud.

I decarb and reduce with a solar oven. I didn't realize how gummy/sticky this stuff gets. I want to find a container that's easy to remove the RSO from and be easy to clean out as well. I used a pint jar for my first attempt. I'll be on the lookout for something dark (it aids the heat transference) that I may cap, if I choose.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a medicine syringe, like for giving children cough syrup. That's what I usually put mine in. Makes it easy to dose that way.

If it's in a closed container and won't leak you can try putting it in warm water for a little while to soften it up. I have mine in a little syringe and keep it in the refrigerator until I'm ready for it. Usually I kill 2 birds and make a batch of gummies with whatever is left in the pan after I fill the syringe so I don't waste any of the oil I just worked so hard making. Love the gummy recipe just make sure you don't overcook it or they'll turn into hard candies. I can give some good flavor recommendations if you want them, I've experimented with quite a few already. The juice and flavor extract play a big part in the final flavor and some just don't mix well. Fruity extracts are probably your best bet, like orange or lemon extract. I use lemon extract for mine personally. Minute Maid makes a few good juices you can use. I personally like using the Mango Punch, Peach Punch, and I just found a Berry Punch that works great. Just depends on the Jell-O flavor on which juice I use. I've even started getting creative and mixing Jell-O flavors, cherry lime, strawberry lemon, orange peach (most recent experiment that came out amazing), there's so many to try. Best of luck and enjoy your gummies.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Rookieweeder
        Rookieweeder commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for the tips, my first batch of gummies ae in the freezer setting up, had a hard time pouring into my molds and started setting up real fast before I finished filling, I'll know in awhile how it is after licking the dishes.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time. Another tip for you, to keep the mix from setting too fast while you pour. Take your measuring cup, put hot water in and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes while you're "cooking" the mix. Keep the hot water in it until just before you're ready to pour your mix in. A glass one works best I've found because it retains the heat longer. That will buy you a few extra minutes to pour into your molds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X