How did these holes get in my leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did these holes get in my leaves?

I've had a good look under all the leaves & can't see any sign of caterpillars or any other bugs for that matter. I have a feeling I might have made them myself while messing up LST!

Anyone got any insight?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200528_084818.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	410290
    Attached Files

Are they inside or outside? Kinda looks like wind damage.

Comment

Indoors. It's just got a crappy computer fan blowing on it but I'll keep an eye out just in case.

Comment

Did you check for bugs ? Even though it’s Indoors?
        I have to big fans blowing on my plants 24/7 My opinion is not wind burn. And with a crappy computer fan 🤔
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'm thinking you're fine. Leaves get holes in them from damage when they're young. I see you're using the stiff bonsai wire next to the young leaves. That wire can be tricky to deal with. I'll bet you a gram you damaged the leaves when training. I'll bet you two grams you've already done it again and won't know until the leaves grow. Leaves can also get the crinkly edges. If you don't see any bugs, it's just a thing.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
            I'm thinking you're fine. Leaves get holes in them from damage when they're young. I see you're using the stiff bonsai wire next to the young leaves. That wire can be tricky to deal with. I'll bet you a gram you damaged the leaves when training. I'll bet you two grams you've already done it again and won't know until the leaves grow. Leaves can also get the crinkly edges. If you don't see any bugs, it's just a thing.
            This was my inclination too. I was definitely a bit heavy handed & also no sign of any bugs, I'll be more careful next time!

Thanks for your input

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Does that mean you owe me a few grams? I think it does. Next time we share a bowl, I'm collecting. And it better be homegrown.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X