To train or not to train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To train or not to train

Hey guys! Im on my second indoor grow. Did autoflowering for my first and doing one more, This time I picked dark devil auto. Anyway, I did topping and LST on my last grow and got around 200 grams (8 plants) of cured flower. This time Im thinking to just let them be and do their thing. First, they crowded my small (1x1) grow room to absurdity, I had to defoliate weekly at times during the last 6 weeks of the grow. Second, the topping and lst did slow them down some. I dont know how much or if its relevant but alass.. Im thinking about just feeding good and talking nice to the girls this time. Also adding 2 more lights to get a better spread and penetration. My goal is a higher yield though. Whats your thoughts?
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Sounds like what I am doing with my 2 Purple Kush autoflowers - just letting mine grow up the way they want - although I do snip off leaves early on to allow the other branches to grow vertically. Mine are 26 days old. Besides - I have 10 more seeds to grow so I want to see how these 2 grow.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

My last auto grow I grew two plants each of three different strains. I let one plant of each strain grow naturally and LST’d the others. The plants I LST’d produced twice as much as the ones I let grow naturally. This time just LST without topping

Comment

I do top and LST my auto only cause of head space. I let some last summer outdoor just grow natural but they didn't go well small tiny dwarfs. I will try again at the no training but I do like the amount I get with the training. My seeds I think were poop last summer. This year they are great really pleased with my auto grows getting better every time. Good luck I love the Christmas tree grows
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! Im still not really sure about what to do, I did top them at node 3 yesterday. Still pretty tiny so got a couple of more days to make up my mind =)
          Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

I ran a DD a couple of years ago in a bubbler bucket.
            I think that I topped it once and just trained it out to a flat canopy under my old King 300w fixture.
            Ended up with about 8 oz of dried flower. Decent smoke-the pheno I had actually dripped red sap all over the floor. Weird
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

This plant is 24 days old and has 8 colas roughly the same size. As soon as the 4th node was about 1/4” long I pinched it off and LST’d it completely flat on its side. My only dilemma with this grow is to defoliate of not
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X