Trichomes... too early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichomes... too early?

Just looking for opinions from some more experienced growers on timing my harvest. I'll post a fee pics of my trichomes. Are these ready or should I wait another week or 2? Thanks

What strain is it ?
    auto or photo ?
    my opinion, definitely wait! You have some weeks to go before harvest
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Indica or sativa ? Like CaptainWiese91 I would wait also..!!

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Excellent pics
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It's an India dominant, photo. I think I'll wait and keep an eye on them and start to flush in a week ar so. Thanks

Comment

*indica dominant (auto correct)

Comment

Wait a 1-2 weeks. I know its hard not to cut the lovely tree 😅. But patience 🙏🏻
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Here are a couple thoughts.
                Clear and cloudy trichomes produce the energetic high. Getting more into the amber, you get the couch lock. So, if an indica strain, wouldn't it be better to wait for more amber in the trichomes? If sativa, clear and milky?
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

I know I still have some time before harvest. I am aiming for about 10 to 20 % amber. Just dont know how fast they go from milky to amber. I want to make sure I have enough time for a good flush before I take her down.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just read a really cool article in here from vostok (another member)
                    You don’t need a flush actually 🙏🏻

• Sc0tt
                    Sc0tt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I definitely want a flush. I've smoked unflushed stuff before. Dont care for the taste of nutes

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is not more nutes in the flowers, just because they are unflushed. It’s the cure process that is making the difference
                    Actually a good article👍🏻

Hey ScOtt, that little flip between cloudy to amber seems to take forever..lol. I have found that its usually 2-3 weeks after the suggested harvest time. OR sometimes longer than that. Another thing, check the trichs in the bud, and not the tiny sugar leaves. They seem to darken earlier. Good luck..hang in there..you'll be happy you waited.
                  Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                  Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                  6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                  Canna Coco/perlite
                  General Hydroponics Flora Series
                  Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Sc0tt
                    Sc0tt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good to know. Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X