No announcement yet.

My new thc potency tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm old school. I just use my tried and true cannabis intake tester. My lungs.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      OldManGrower So true. But still, I wanna be able to say, "27% THC"--just once in my life...

im still waiting for mine

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too 🤔🤔

alltatup I don't know how to edit all that quote crap.

You mentioned how a company is able to afford to put a ten year warranty on a product. This is from schoolin', not generalizations. The ratio of people who actually return a product, especially through the mail, is low, compared to the number of sales a company makes. It looks good for the brand and doesn't cost much. This is a generalization. People who smoke reefer are less likely than the average non-reefer smoking person to return something, even to a store. When an online or TV ad offers a money back guarantee, there are still costs and junk you don't get back that still make the company money. And you'll probably wind up paying the return shipping. I am SO not talking about you, my crunch-n-munch peanut.
    Want to avoid 'restocking' fees? Find the item you want to buy and take it out in the store. Don't rely on floor models. Plug it in or ride it around. Check things out. If someone gives you a hassle you can explain that you can open the box in the store and check it out, or, you can go home, ruin the packaging, try the thing out, be unhappy, return it to the store, go home, and write a bad review about the product, the store, and the store person you are explaining the situation to, should the product not be what you were looking for. Same with food. Open, sample, buy or replace. Those Wal-Mart chef folk are there to fill people up and distract them from opening food packages in the store. It's true! Or maybe not. Next time you're in Safeway, go make yourself a sandwich with a new brand of mustard. Go by the salad bar and make yourself a Cesar to make sure the croutons are crunchy. Just to check things out. None of this is recommended in a gun shop.
    Being said, if that thcometer works, I'm gonna get me one. But something that does shatter and wax as well.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GB, what does this have to do with the HighGrade app??? You ramblin, Red!!!!!

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoaaa big fella that crunch-n-munch is a rip off hardly any peanuts like cracker jack man that use to be filled with peanuts.

LOL alltatup one to many dabs.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Huh? What? Did I say all that? Someone must have been egging me on. Well, take from it what you can. Maybe it's the last sentence that wraps it up all nice.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GB, I for one love to return shit to Amazon. It's so much more sanitized to shop online. As for you oh snarky sharky one, don't go into gun stores at all. Baaaaad karma.

I don't have a cell phone. Only a land line.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      We still have a land line. Comes in handy except price is going higher than a cat's ass.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Something's wrong with my brain. I had an image of a cat with a joint stuck up it's ass.
      Smart phones are for drones. How the hell did so many of my generation fall into the 'connect or shrivel up and die' mentality? No. I'm done. That's all.

mixed reviews on Amazon, only 58% gave 5 stars, 13% 1 star. $67, free shipping, next day in my area.

Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2020
    Anyone using this product should have there stoner privileges revoked.

175 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

Skrustikdriver

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a SCAM!
    Reviewed in the United States on March 26, 2021Verified Purchase
    Its a scam spend money on useless toy with a scan to buy an app for $79 per month and its a 1 to 5 star report that feels like it asks for more info than it gives. SCAM!

75 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

Kyle Ryder

1.0 out of 5 stars Don’t buy this
    Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2020Verified PurchaseEarly Reviewer Rewards(What's this?)
    I don’t like the fact that they don’t say you can’t use this unless you live in a state that it’s Rec for pot to grow and that there percent is not true

72 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

James

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money beware
    Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2021Verified Purchase
    This product is garbage save you're money seriously

62 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

shachar sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kit for home bud analysis
    Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2020Verified Purchase
    The app is amazing and really accurate. The hardware is small but luxury looking and durable. Works with iPhone and galaxy s20 (but you will need to take the photos without the app and upload them to the app)

14 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

zach stoller

1.0 out of 5 stars Total trash.. not accurate or even close.. compared actual test results... This device is +50% off.
    Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2021Verified Purchase
    Total trash.. not accurate or even close.. compared actual test results... This device is +50% off.

48 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

Will Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised
    Reviewed in the United States on October 23, 2020Verified Purchase
    Surprised by how accurate and useful this little guy is. We got lab results back and they were spot on with what we got using the app. Also super helpful to gets heads up with other pests out in the garden. I don't even bother with a microscope any more.

Seems like it would also be essential tool for buyers who need to be certain about what they are getting. Highly recommended, this is one piece of tech that I'll be using for years.

14 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

Sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep it clean with every use
    Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2020Verified PurchaseEarly Reviewer Rewards(What's this?)
    Very clear images when harvesting. Great little gadget

12 people found this helpful
    Helpful

Report abuse

See all reviews

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English

Yves st pierre

5.0 out of 5 stars efficacité
    Reviewed in Canada on August 24, 2021Verified Purchase
    excellent merci!!

One person found this helpful
    Report abuse Translate review to English

See all reviews

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      WTF????

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Read the information on their website; the machine is definitely accurate according to my experience with it over the past 2 years. People who aren't willing to do the research, read and understand the science of it are going to be prone to reject it.

ok, for $67, i'll get, only because of your recommendation, allatup! i'll update after i try it. Just harvested a new crop. 2 Adgoo plants, 9.75OZ dry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Trying to figure out how this gadget works.
    It is based on a camera accessory (HiGrade Scope, a kind of camera loupe) that you attach to your iPhone or Android.
    You take a picture which is then uploaded to a service that analyzes the picture with an algorithm based on other pictures uploaded by other users, pictures which are archived somewhere.
    An image taken with a digital camera is based on pixels, rectangular or square, resolution, and color, RGB, CMYK.

So, I did some research, and... when things seem too good to be true, they probably are...
    Until I see an independent testing lab do a comparison test of the same marijuana plant, I remain skeptical. (I was born skeptical.)
    Just my my 2¢...

There are 483 identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in the cannabis plant, and at least 85 different cannabinoids have been isolated from the plant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis#:~:text=There%20are%20483%20identifiable% 20chemical%20constituents%20known%20to%20exist%20i n%20the%20cannabis%20plant%2C%5B52%5D%20and%20at%2 0least%2085%20different%20cannabinoids%20have%20be en%20isolated%20from%20the%20plant.

HiGrade only mention this test method used by industry.
    https://www.gethigrade.com/science.php#:~:text=However%2C%20today%E2%80%99s%2 0testing,secondary%20to%20that.

There are several analytical approaches frequently used in the industry to test potency including gas chromatography (GC),
    high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR).
    Gas chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography are the most commonly used and are coupled with a variety of detectors such as mass spectrometry (MS),
    Ultra Violet (UV) or triple quadrupolar mass spectrometry (QQQ-MS.)
    https://www.caro.ca/the-science-behi...ed%20to%20them!

To make thing worse, some industrial test labs have been falsifying test results!
    I am deeply shocked! It's totally unacceptable, from now on I'll just rely on... guess...
    Me myself madwoman and I!
    Did I get high or not? If not, what did I do wrong in the cultivation, was it a bad seed seller, was it bad seeds, wrong genetics, strain, bad nutritions etc...
    If I got high the way I wanted, let's do it again again again...
    Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2022, 09:30 AM. Reason: Edit: Corrected links...

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Read the information on their website; it explains thoroughly how it works. Lab tests are virtually worthless because they only test one bud at a time.

But I have read on their website how it works?
    Can you show me the passage where it is explained, please?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.gethigrade.com/science.php Maybe it's the algorithm info that threw you off. Or maybe you just don't believe it... I am completely satisfied with it and find it highly accurate in distinguishing between mid grade bud (that friends have brought over and tested) and bud with 22% THC and higher. Bud has to be cured, though. Re-read the site; all the info's there.... or not...
      Last edited by alltatup; 07-24-2022, 03:13 AM.

That's exactly what I've read already, and it doesn't work, it's essentially an advanced guess, nothing more.
    It is about chemistry and chemical substances, and it is simply not possible to analyze how potent these chemicals are using a digital camera.
    Then it doesn't matter at all how many other pictures you compare with. It will always be a guess.
    One thing that can be positive with that $72 gadget is that it can be a good complement, a good digital camera for taking close-up pictures of your buds.
    But that's about it. To each his own...

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you understand the science of algorithms, which are more than advanced guesses.

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you understand science

The only potency tester I trust is me. If I fall down......good shit. If I stay verticle....meh. if I ask for seconds. Throw that shit away.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I see a lot of growers, edible makers and extractors using this app in FB groups. My Samsung phone is too old.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

you can't measure chemical composition (THC %) with a photograph. can't do it. hi grade is an estimate (at best) or a guess (at worst) based on similar photos with known (maybe??) THC %.

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Leaf-al recognition technology?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Juan, read the information carefully.

• JuanHondo
          JuanHondo commented
          Editing a comment
          I did and I understand how it "works". If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X