Calcium Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcium Deficiency?

So a friend and I are growing this and we’re just looking for opinions on it. It’s foxfarm ocean forest soil, a 600 watt flower light. Switched to flower 5-6 weeks ago I think. Water it and feed it every time the soil dries. We think it’s a calcium deficiency? We also might have let it get too close to the light or maybe rust?

Could be ph/root issue or even nute lockout. It looks a bit more than calcium deficiency. Some pics in natural light would help.

Comment

Also been using half strength standard nutrients

Comment

Comment

Is the upper growth still OK?
          Pics of the entire plant will help.
          It does appear to be a Ca def.
          What nutrients are you feeding?
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Definitely a calmag deffency. They seem to have gotten lots of nitrogen by the looks what's your light and air circulation like? Do you mean hid or led light? And what brand of feed are you using
            Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
            sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
            4 plants currently under 500w
            2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
            GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
            Happy growing/consuming 🥴
            Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

My light is an HID light, I got three small fans going and also the big fan with the carbon filter for the smell. The upper plant looks like the pics I showed you except the “rust looki f stuff” is just at the tips of the leaves. As for nutrients I’m not sure because I wasn’t in charge of that. I think he just used 1/2 strength general hydroponics nutrients because we have two soil and two hydro ones. The other three look perfectly ok. Should we switch to soil made nutrients or did we just mess up measuring?

Comment

• Jordann
                Jordann commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm using the GH trio as well and I have some plants that need full strength and some that take a quarter strength dose. I use them in soil but if you don't drain to waist like 20 to 30 percent of the water I find that it builds up in my soil and burns the plants. They're ment to be used together all through the grow, not grow in veg and bloom in flower. All 3 throughout. I made that mistake when I first used the trio. With the powerful lights plants tent to need more nutrients to support the accelerated growth that comes with it I have 5 plants that take full strength and 2 that take half, and the ones taking full strength could use a touch more. It depends on each individual plant. It's better to make individual batches for the plants compared to one big batch for all. But like you say if it's at the tips they could be getting too much or getting buildup at the roots which could be fixed with a few plain pHed calmaged waterings or a flush of give or take 3 gallons water for every gallon soil. Do you measure ph in and out or EC in and out. Would give you a better idea of what's happening in the root zone. Hope this helps.

And the buds look like they’re forming well all things considered

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X