Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's causing light coloration in new growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's causing light coloration in new growth?

These girls have been showing discoloration on the tops of the newest growth. It starts from the inside/center of the leaf and works its way out. A couple plants are larger and seem much less affected. The very tips of some of the larger leaves are drooping just a little bit too, but I'm not sure that's related.

A few weeks ago I introduced calmag to deal with deficiency and upped the potassium, the only this I can think is that potassium is too high now, maybe locking out Fe, or cal/mag. Any thoughts?

Plants are in early bloom, week 2.

are you giving them nitrogen?

Comment

No extra Nitrogen. The first week that I switched to bloom nutrients, I supplemented with a just little bit of nitrogen. That was like two weeks ago. I thought the could have caused the tip drooping, which is why I thought it might be unrelated to this. But no nitrogen supplement since then.

Comment

• stump
        stump commented
        Editing a comment
        nitrogen should continue at the minimum thru the stretch. your plants need a shot of it in my opinion.

What is the PH levels ?
      it could be Fe - iron like you mentioned. But normally it’s because the PH is on lock out and can’t absorb the nutrient.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Right around 6.0, i adjust it daily. I could try to flush them before next feeding, that could help with lockout

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It Will not hurt to make a flush.
          When you feed and water her are you making run off water? Or do you keep the water feeding/ nute feed in the pot ?
          When you make the flush - you wash all nutrients away also, so you need to adjust this again after the flush.
          When watering/ nute feeding with run off, you do remove most of the salt build up - and are lucky enough with this so you don’t need a flush during the grow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X