Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's causing light coloration in new growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's causing light coloration in new growth?

These girls have been showing discoloration on the tops of the newest growth. It starts from the inside/center of the leaf and works its way out. A couple plants are larger and seem much less affected. The very tips of some of the larger leaves are drooping just a little bit too, but I'm not sure that's related.

A few weeks ago I introduced calmag to deal with deficiency and upped the potassium, the only this I can think is that potassium is too high now, maybe locking out Fe, or cal/mag. Any thoughts?

Plants are in early bloom, week 2.

are you giving them nitrogen?

Comment

No extra Nitrogen. The first week that I switched to bloom nutrients, I supplemented with a just little bit of nitrogen. That was like two weeks ago. I thought the could have caused the tip drooping, which is why I thought it might be unrelated to this. But no nitrogen supplement since then.

Comment

• stump
        stump commented
        Editing a comment
        nitrogen should continue at the minimum thru the stretch. your plants need a shot of it in my opinion.

What is the PH levels ?
      it could be Fe - iron like you mentioned. But normally it’s because the PH is on lock out and can’t absorb the nutrient.

Comment

Right around 6.0, i adjust it daily. I could try to flush them before next feeding, that could help with lockout

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It Will not hurt to make a flush.
          When you feed and water her are you making run off water? Or do you keep the water feeding/ nute feed in the pot ?
          When you make the flush - you wash all nutrients away also, so you need to adjust this again after the flush.
          When watering/ nute feeding with run off, you do remove most of the salt build up - and are lucky enough with this so you don’t need a flush during the grow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X