No announcement yet.

1st grow....ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First let me ask how much perlite are you adding to the soil?
    Rain on buds, well I will tell you I dont like it, everything says it doesn't hurt, but I think it does. What I do is watch the weather at harvest time and plan around a week of shine and no rain, then harvest. I would luv to be able to cover them for fall rains, not in my budget! Now last year I harvested a plant right after a rain, the bud was changed came out darker (and to me less flavorful), but smokes just fine.
    Wind damage well we just had 80mph winds and yes a few torn fan leaves and 1 broken limb, I can live with that!

Comment

Well it's my first grow so idk I just got a premix but yeah I mean if you look at people's grows out in Cali they have hide dense plants that they don't even trip about the rain but idk it rained today and thars the first time I let them get rained on while there small enough I have a plastic tub with vent holes designed to keep water out but idk

Comment

Well not much goin on here my little seedling are doing good my 2 clones that are outside look great and those 10 sfv seeds I was going to pop well only 9 have and 2 are above soil I still have the last seed trying to germ but we will see
        Attached Files

Comment

I will say this as far as veg growth I think it should always have some dark time cause with my seedlings and my clones I see them all the time cause I don't have a tent they just have lights above them. But I usually every day right before dark/ lights off I'll look at them and same in the morning/lights on and it seem like all day they just soak up all that light energy and in the cool "night" they go to work growing cause every morning they are bigger but I don't notice much through out the "day" maybe a little but not like after dark time it's cool growing cannabis ive grown alot of things and I've never been able to "watch it grow" like this I mean on some days you can notice growth within an hours time lol

Comment

Yes photos need there beauty rest!

Comment

My first auto from seeds man blue pyramid kush is on its way but I'll see then but I'm sure they like there rest to I mean shit there kinda like us they don't like it to hot or to cold to wet or to dry lol so I'm sure they get stressed out if they don't get rest like we do lol

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Some run them 20/4 for the rest/sleep. Autos luv light!

I need to find some growers locally that will sell me some clones for my next adventure cause Ive been to alot of dispensary's and they either don't carry clones or the clones look like shit like if I wouldn't have been stressing about my seedlings I would have never paid $25 for that pink kush clone and yeah I'm sure I'll still be happy with the results cause I'm sure it will be worth the $25 for her and $6.25 for her portion of the soil so if I don't get atleast a 1/4 oz then I'll be upset but I've never heard of someone getting that low of a yeild from an outdoor plant
              ​​

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I am an Okie near Tulsa

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                We can help but we don't know where you are. I'm East of Shawnee.

Okay I have a curious question I looked around Abit but couldn't find an answer to my exact question I transplanted my pink kush clone today to it's 7g fab pot and used the soil I purchased that I have tested and know is good but it used the last of my soil but that 7g fab pot came with that dead flowered plant in it so I basically got a whole cubic foot of who knows what it looks decent have good wix of perlite/soil and feels like it should have good drainage but I'll show you my problem

Comment

pH looks fine N awesome p isn't any kind of blue it's green and k is just basically dirty water it has no yellow/orange so am I fine till they drop the cotyledons or what that's my biggest seedling popped up on the 5/15 she's in good soil but some of my newest seedlings are in this soil that's lacking on p/k so opinions advice I mean I know I can go buy nutes but I'm wondering how long i have till I need to go buy some and are there any nutes that have like no nitrogen but lots of p and k and maybe mag and cal also I know about Epson salt for sulfur and mg but I got organic soil and want to try to avoid chemical nutes but idk how to just get these specific things in the soil that there already in like I know I can go get like some kind of meal or castings poo ECT and mix with soil for the transplant but I'm wondering if being that depleted of p and k if that will hurt the growth for the next three four weeks

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Something to consider is PK is needed for root growth. I dont use a lot of bottles, I make my own soil to boost P I would add bone meal, and bananas for K. I no longer add any Epsom salt, it is easy to over do it. Also tap water or drinking water from the store are good sources for calmag. Blood meal for N, sulfur and dolomite for PH control and minerals. (much more)
                  I wont say it has lots, but fox farms big bloom is a PK booster, for me the cost is more than the gain, to each their own! I am certain their are other brands as well. Good luck!

Well all of my sfv seeds are above ground 100% success rate with some bag seeds ftw lol theres 10 in the tray and 1 in a ghetto kratky setup but her root isn't long enough yet to touch the water without drowning her so I made a ghetto drip setup till she can get some roots and atm it comes on for 15 mins 4 times a day if I notice she stays to wet I'll cut it back to twice or even once a day I just don't know how to encourage the root to grow out in open air cause won't it just prune it's self after a couple days if it's not touching water right? So my drip thing should work right?

Comment

Comment

Hey everyone just a quick update my 3 larger seedlings are officially not seedlings anymore they have all been topped and are all female!!!! Now just waiting on my 12 sfv seeds to show sex and then I'll know how many plants I'll have this season but otherwise it's pretty boring over here just watching stuff grow lol I'm bored enough that one of my sfv seeds I'm going to play with like 12/12 before my outside plants start that way I can play around with a flowing plant rather than wait till all "16" start flowing then try to figure out how I want to do things last minute

Comment

I live literally within 3 miles of OKC zoo 1.5 miles north and west from the zoo so like 63rd and Kelley is the closest cross streets

Comment

I am at the other end of the turner, when I have clones I give them to others, so when I can they would be free. I dont have any at the moment. There is a number of members near you.

Comment

Im sure there is I just haven't found them but even still I have a sister in Stillwater so I can make excuses to go that way lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X