1st grow....ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL 1st grow....ever

1st ever grow and might as well keep a public log of my triumph's and failures so it's not far along and I've had it a few ways already so I'll go through my photos and bring you all up to current of how things are lol
    Attached Files

Okay as for the 8 on a napkin = 7 in little pots needless to say more all died...reason lack of proper planning and I have 5 in another pot that got pretty dry on day 3 above ground and the 4 on the outside died the one in the center lived she is sunset sherbert in the pot with the bag was ak confidential but she died damped off I guess??
    Attached Files

Comment

Left to right purple punch 5/19 white widow 5/18, sunset sherbet 5/15 the dates are when the leaves were above the soil
      Attached Files

Comment

Those are fully sprouted & shoulda been in the ground long before they grew that big!!!!

Comment

And these are my 2 plants that are not seedling pink kush clone in white light and a mystery clone from a friend on blurple light lol but yeah I'm in Oklahoma and I'm outdoors I know this is all inside but I just put these two outside for since our bad weather has passed for now also I'm not growing on my property since the people I live with will not approve due to religious beliefs but hey I'm cool with that to each there own but I live near the edge of the city so my house backs up to a 200+ acres with nothing on it no cows/horses nothing they don't even mow it ever so I think I'll be safe but just to be safe depending on how well things go I might scatter my plants around so if for some reason someone finds one that's it just one lol but like I said we will see also I'm using great lakes water only all natural made by Detroit nutrient company I also have some clones I'm playing with from when I trained a trimmed up the mystery clone and 8 more purple punch in soil so we will see how it goes. FYI all my seeds are bag seeds so if I know the strains the seed came from I don't know who pollinated to make that seed so pp x ? Sunset X ? WW X ?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I think I had them in the napkin for like 9 days LMAO and when I put them in soil I think the longest one strechted out was like 6 inches bro lmao

Comment

My last 8 purple punch seeds and my attempt at a clone propagation thing on my jiffy heat mat and 3 other clones the 2 dead looking ones are from a plant I got from the same friend who gave me the mystery clone I'll explain next
              Attached Files

Comment

This is his other plant he had it was in like week 5-6 of flower when his girl kicked him out and did who knows what but this is about 6 weeks after and when I harvested the rest of it I got these 3 little stems only 1 looks like it might work idk
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm just curious if you've done much research or if you're just winging it? Start here
                  This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

Seems like you need to understand the basic aspects before you keep going. Seeds are only supposed to germinate a few days, definitely not 9 days that's why they all died. Please read the information on the site and absorb as much as you can. This forum is meant to help but without knowing the basics you will constantly have issues with your grow. Sorry if I offend anyone with this post but it seems like there has been very little research done here, if any.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank goodness for saying this dphipps1020 sadly it happens so frequently. How to stay positive on helping someone when they go into it without much knowledge of what the needs are for the plant.

• dphipps1020
                    dphipps1020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It makes it hard. Especially when they're posting multiple questions every day.

No your right those first 8 seeds was back in April and that's why it didn't go so good I was literally smoking one night and decided all of a sudden I was going to grow since I had the timing of the season right so I popped those 8 in some water and now I'm here it's been almost 2 months since then and I've learned tons and am still learning constantly that's all I do in my free time is learn about growing cannabis like I was just watching stuff on no-till I think that's awesome stuff but I'm still a little to green to try to keep my plant and it's soil alive lol but yes research has been the main reason I've had any success cause when I was going off what my grandpa and mom taught me about veggies was a start but growing good medicine can be a little more in-depth so yeah I'm finally confident that I got enough of the proper planning now to get to a harvest as long as Oklahoma tornado doesn't come pick them up lol

Comment

Also I noticed how the only comment people have made is about how I fucked up by letting them germinate to long... But w/e constructive criticism

Comment

I used to use the paper towel method, it’s effective but there’s a lot of room for error. Next time try soaking your seed in water for 24hrs, then once you see the seed starting to split open pour it into whatever you’ll be sprouting it it. Doing it this way the sprout never gets touched which usually leads to healthier sprouts and more success. Since I went to this method I’ve had a 100% success rate with germination.

Comment

Here in OK one cannot worry about twisters, if it happens it happens. So far this year I have had 80 mph winds, a few torn leaves but that doesn't hurt them. A hail storm damaged 1 leaf on 1 plant, took off most of the center finger.
                        I am old school organic, I put the seed in the ground and let it grow.
                        BTW we all make mistakes.

Comment

Yeah and as for an update the 8 purple punch seeds I was waiting to sprout didn't make it I explain I got some different soil for "seedlings" cause my other soil might be to hot but the new soil with my usual method they all keep dying from "damped off" so I'm going to go back to my usual soil till I figure out how to use the other better I got 20 sanfernando valley? Strain seeds from a bag but it's a start so I'm soaking 10 of them now to get them going but I'm going to do some research on that specific soil I think the problem is it retains moisture better and when I use a bag for a humidome it stays to moist and they get damped off so I'll either need to use my hot soil and just not use a baggie and just make sure they don't get to dry

Comment

Okay and this is a question I have that every where I look I get different answers but since it sounds like you grow outside in ok it it necessary to have a way to cover your plants from rain especially during flower of is it hot and windy enough here that as long as you make sure to stay on top of it you'll be alright?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X