Spindly and sickly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spindly and sickly?

So I was recently told by someone that my girl looks spindly and sickly. This is week two of flowering. I have topped it and pruned a bunch of leaves off that we’re shadowing. I am keeping it short to divert focus into bud production, not quantity. There are six bud sites in pre flower. Stem sizes and color look exactly how they do in pics I’ve researched of other plants on this stage. I recently Used LST (tonight) to get more light to the under developed bud sites. Ummm idk really to me it doesn’t look sickly or spindly. The stem is probably 1/8 to 1/4 inch in diameter and super thought and green. The plant itself is approx 7-8 inches tall. So I’m including pics a couple before I LST and after I did to show how she stood before as well as a temp reading that doesn’t fluctuate very much.idk she looks healthy to me and strong minus the underdeveloped bud sites that I just remedied. Am I missing something?

It looks healthy to me. I understand you're not expecting a big yield and I don't want to sound like an asshole but you do realize that you're only going to harvest 2-3 blunts worth of larf, right?

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my thought too. Not much bud coming off that one.

Your plant looks really healthy, it’s just extremely small. Best thing you could do right now is to get yourself a 150w HPS setup 6-8” above that plant and hope your buds grow really thick

Comment

you may want to consider something other than (what looks like) thread or fishing line for the LST as that will likely end up cutting into the stem

Comment

It’s 8lb test fishing line and only plan on keeping it on there for a short period of time. It literally trains overnight and stays in that position by itself after. I used it to train the stem a little bit the night before and took it off and all the parts I trained stayed put the next day. Today I put her outside as it’s already almost 80 degrees.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X