leaves yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! leaves yellowing

looking for some second opinions...this just started happening a few days ago, seems to be spreading but slowly (I am happy to say!)...she's an auto, 7 weeks into flower so at least another 3-5 weeks to go, I'm thinking...growing in coco for first time, going light with the GH trio as per GWE schedule and have been adding CalMag as well...I have been giving plain pH'd water every other watering (or close to)...I'm thinking maybe copper deficiency? only seeing this in younger leaves near the top...I moved my LED up a few days ago but doesn't seem to be making a difference...pH going in around 6.0 and coming out the same...maybe lockout from salt retention? she still has a way to go so this is freaking me a bit...any thoughts welcome!
    Last edited by duckman; 05-22-2020, 02:04 PM.

Hello duckman you sure got a nice auto nice training looks healthy minus the little yellowing. Could be needs to dry out more before waterings&feedings? Do you have any white salt built up on the sides of your pot? White staining? I think your doing the right thing I mix my soils so I don't know too much about straight coco.

Hang in there someone will come along and help also.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it might be a touch of overwatering as well, SoOrbudgal, but when I tried to go an extra day between waterings - usually 3.8 litres every other day in 3 gal fabric - it's so hot here 82* that the leaves started to curl up so I watered. and no, no stains on pot...all I can think of at this point is a salt buildup so maybe a flush...

You write you have the Ph levels in control.
    so it’s probably not that. How much cal-mag do you apply when you water ?
    as budgal is saying : it could be a lockout from salt build up. But I don’t know how common this is in a coco environment. You could flush the pots - give them a new range of nutrients- with the cal mag supplement including.
    about the copper dificiens - what kind of water do you use. ? Tap or RO water ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      regular tap water, usually adjust the pH down to 6.0 or so...I've been adding 2.5 ml CalMag (that's a half teaspoon for my U.S. friends ) per gallon for the last few weeks...the copper should be there, this would be easier for me to figure if the pH was out of whack but looks like the pH I put in is the pH that comes out...
      Last edited by duckman; 05-22-2020, 07:05 PM.

Hey... kids... 7 weeks into flowering. Couldn't the discoloration be the beginning of autumn? If the case, you're going to have all sorts of normal deficiency issues. If not, I'm a boob for saying anything. But I don't think I'm a boob.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you’re diagnoses is normal with these plants in coco. ?
      I just think it’s odd the sugar leaves tips in the pictures are burned? Or maybe I’m wrong here

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      That could maybe be a pH thing. In my opinion, it might be time to start flushing with nuteless pH'd molasses.
      duckman It might be nice for us to include you in this aside. Your hairs look pretty well curled up. How do your trichomes look? I might have suggested your flowering time being off. I'm on my second autos. The flowering time was about two weeks longer than the seed people said. I've heard the same thing, about longer flower times, from other folks. You could maybe be farther along than you think. Maybe could.

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it's possible, @Gingerbeard...it just seems more like a deficiency than normal senescence...plus it's not the bigger fan leaves yellowing it's more the sugar leaves...I'm starting to think a flush and see what she looks like then but it's a bit weird...

Using coco you must buffer with cal-mag.
    Attached Files

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, I actually have been adding CalMag every watering but like I say my first grow in coco so I'm not sure what to expect...

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      good looking crop!

Yes duckman. You're going to have nothing but deficiencies because everything is going to the flowers. The plants in the picture were fed with suppliments, rather than nutrients. Shame on me. You can see how I had all sorts of deficiencies. It was a lousy harvest full of airy buds, but still pretty. My last in those supplements.
    One of my favorites
    CaptainWiese91 you can zoom in and see sugar leaves with the same brown tips.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      seems they like to keep me guessing...just FYI Gingerbeard I checked the trichs, still clear, some of those brown pistils are brown because they got burned by Safer's Soap (won't be using that again, I think)...just need to hang in a few more weeks if she will permit

thanks, Hensley, for the great heads up about WizardNPK...I would recommend anyone with an interest in the how's and why's of flushing check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9pxmhCuVCM

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X