Medical Cannabis Usage...here’s a new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Cannabis Usage...here’s a new one

As we all know, except politicians, cannabis has remarkable medical benefits. Tonight I saw a report about cannabis being used to treat corona virus. According to a report and a study done at Canadian Lethbridge university has shown that cannabis blocks the pathway the virus uses in its infection. The tests were performed using high CBD medical grade cannabis. Below is an excerpt of an article from The Source:
    In theorizing that certain marijuana strains could possibly prevent COVID-19 infection,

Researchers at the Calgary college have studied over 400 strains of weed and have concluded that at least a dozen strains aided in preventing the Coronavirus from finding a host in the mouth, intestines, and lungs.

The study’s head researcher Dr. Igor Kovalchuk said, “A number of them have reduced the number of these (virus) receptors by 73 percent, the chance of it getting in is much lower. If they can reduce the number of receptors, there’s much less chance of getting infected.”

Researchers were able to identify 13 CBD extracts that are able to change ACE2 levels, an enzyme previously linked to COVID-19 infection. The data also suggested that some strains were also able to control serine protease TMPRSS2, which is another protein necessary for COVID-19 to enter host cells and spread throughout the body.

If peer-reviewed and more research is actually done on the subject, the study could be performed in the form of mouth wash, gargle, inhalants or gel caps, according to Kovalchuk.

If you have a medical use for Cannabis or Hemp....list it below... might be a nice source of reference for someone

I had this theory at the beginning of everything because I never got sick. All of my co-workers came down with something terrible in November and December that was tested and said to not be the flu. I never got it, even though it got just about everyone else. I kept joking with them saying yeah I have a good immune system, but I think all the weed I smoke is helping prevent me from getting sick. After a while, some started to agree with me that that had to be part or most of it. So it's pretty interesting that you posted this.

Comment

Did they release what strains help? I have heard this before, but they were just peps saying they think!

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Article says they tested 400 strains mostly high CBD.....so, no

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Garden of Green seed bank grows some super high THC/ high CBD strains, and I'm flowering two of them now: Kosher Kush and Super Critical Bud CBD.

I smoke cannabis to cure all my ailments.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Agreed Canuck147
        Attached Files

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          It should be huh! Far as I know it's just an icon or meme or whatever they call pics nowadays.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          OH... A picture someone added words to?

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yessir.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X