Fabric vs Plastic in Autopots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric vs Plastic in Autopots.

Starting my next run of autos with 2 Berry Bomb autos and 1 Trans Siberian from Auto Seeds.
    Seeds were germinated with plain tap water in paper towel inside a plastic dish and next to the modem for warmth. All 3 seeds cracked within 36 hrs. Above ground on May 12th and in solocups.
    They are being grown with Mantis Buffered all in one nutes in 60/40 coco/perlite buffered with cal/mag.
    Lights are a 238W QB 3500K with added far red for flowering and a Marshydro 120W cree cob in a 2x4x6 tent. 20/4 all grow. Currently set at 28 inches above.
    This grow I am testing 5 gal fabric pot vs 4 gal plastic w/airdome. Berry Bomb is the test plant.
    swegrow and all others welcome to follow along.
    I think I know what the basic result will be but time will tell.
    Day 9 above ground today and will start the reservoir with full strength nutes just like Canuck147 as soon as the pots dry out from the full water through with 1/2 strength nutes. Maybe 10 days or so.

I can only imagine they are yellow because of the light you use../.?

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      correct vostok, that cob light gives off a lot of yellow.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      My Mars Hydro throw a "Whellow" (a play on Blurple) light too.

Since I’m currently trying to decide between the two and have a good 10wks to make a decision, I’ll be following 😂

Comment

Looking good John, our girls share a birthday so I guess I'll be growing along with you!
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

In for the ride. Good luck hombre.
        Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Imma gouda pull up a char and watch this show
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Day 13 above ground. Things looking normal except for a bit of yellow color as vostock noticed last post.
            Could be the Mantis nutes as they seem to grow plants in a lighter green most of the time. temps steady at 28C. RH 30 to 45%. starting the humidifier. Medium is still damp so not starting the reservoir for a while.

Comment

Interesting comparison...based on how things are progressing with my current grow I think I like these autopots systems. I'll def be using over and over and over...
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hmmm hard to say who's winning so far
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The fabric pot is also on the autopot system and I expect it to be the better option due to better air to the roots but as I am not sure this should be a good indicator.

I’m leaning towards the fabric pot as well but we’ll see in a few months lol

Comment

cant wait to see you results. Finding people growing weed in the fabric auto pots is hard to find. Almost purchased a 12 pot setup multiple times but due to how much they cost and so little info growing cannabis in them ive been waiting.

Wondering if they will work out ok with soil instead of coco? Trying to switch over to soil with dry amendments atm. Currently in 1st week of flowering with earth dust and looking really good. Watering everyday is a pain tho and havent tried setting up a watering system yet.
                  640 watt hlg quantum board
                  320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
                  300 watt mars hydro sp3000
                  150 watt hlg quantum board
                  100 watt spider farmer led x2
                  organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
                  Water only i don't check ph
                  6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• golfnrl
                    golfnrl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My third grow and first time using the autopot system. I'm using cloth pots. I have no complaints. A few weeks away from harvest and we'll start again.

Cloud checkout this site

takes a while to get your order but if you’re not in a hurry the prices are way cheaper than anywhere else

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sites with claims like this always make me run the other way. It is impossible for them to purchase the genuine product and resell it without a huge loss. But that's just me.

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They had the 4 fabric auto pot system for $53. I just received a email with a delivery date of the 17th. Hopefully it’s the real deal

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fingers crossed for ya.

Looking forward to see how the fabric is doing John!
                  Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Day 20 and things are looking a bit darker green. So far the fabric pot plant is growing faster.
                    Both Berry Bombs look good and so does the Trans Siberian.
                    Have a bit of a heat wave with temps up to 32C. and dry air. RH often at 30%
                    Not a fan of faster evaporation as it can concentrates the nutes but no big concern with lots of air circulation and watering down the nutes a bit.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183232_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	781.8 KB ID:	411828Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183245_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	722.4 KB ID:	411829Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183255_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.7 KB ID:	411830Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183301_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.4 KB ID:	411831

Comment

• golfnrl
                      golfnrl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a cool meter...I see you're using the air domes. Have you tried a grow without them? I'm using them in my current grow but not sure how to determine if they have made a difference. I'm just curious. I don't see me NOT using them in the future.

• JohnEmad
                      JohnEmad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that's my 1st cheap meter and it is close compared to others I have purchased so happy with it. I have tried with and without the air domes and my yields are better with then without although it is not scientifically proven I like the idea of air in the bottom where all that water is. It can only help and standing water tend to turn anaerobic.

Day 27 and a clear leader but not insurmountable is the fabric pot BB. The BB in the plastic actually has larger fan leaves than the one in the fabric pot.
                    Topped them both 4 days ago and they hardly noticed it. Doing some leaf tucking and will do selective clipping and lst when needed.
                    The Trans Siberian is supposed to be mostly Indica and have a heavy, strong body stone. She is looking the part and won't be topped.
                    So far I am happy with the grow. fingers crossed.
                    Last edited by JohnEmad; 06-07-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• PaganRich
                      PaganRich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I favour plastic airpots over fabric and moved over to them couple of years ago mate and happy with them since. Fabrics just didn`t do it for me

• JohnEmad
                      JohnEmad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have to add that to my list of experiments and trials. Lots to learn for me. Maybe by age 80 I will have it all down. Lol

• PaganRich
                      PaganRich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It does make growing orchids a walk in the park I must admit mate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X