Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Have to add that to my list of experiments and trials. Lots to learn for me. Maybe by age 80 I will have it all down. Lol

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    I favour plastic airpots over fabric and moved over to them couple of years ago mate and happy with them since. Fabrics just didn`t do it for me

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Day 34 and the stretch is on. Well it is now clear that the Berry Bomb in the 5 gallon fabric pot is the easy leader. Both BB's were topped on day 23 and they are looking great. I have to note that the one in the plastic pot is only a 4 gallon but still the difference is large. Trying for 18 to 20 colas each.
    The poor little Trans Siberian auto is much slower and smaller. I think it is just a lesser plant due to random chance. Have another seed so will try it in the future and see if we get a faster, larger plant then.
    Otherwise temps have been on the higher around 30C and ph steady at 5.7/5.8. RH between 25 and 60% depending if it's day or night and if we had rain or sun.
    I am real happy with the topping and training results so far.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 06-14-2020, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    I think Smart Pots is a brand of fabric pots.
    I am still testing them out but they appear to be alright. Think its all what you are used to using.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    fingers crossed for ya.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    They had the 4 fabric auto pot system for $53. I just received a email with a delivery date of the 17th. Hopefully it’s the real deal

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Day 27 and a clear leader but not insurmountable is the fabric pot BB. The BB in the plastic actually has larger fan leaves than the one in the fabric pot.
    Topped them both 4 days ago and they hardly noticed it. Doing some leaf tucking and will do selective clipping and lst when needed.
    The Trans Siberian is supposed to be mostly Indica and have a heavy, strong body stone. She is looking the part and won't be topped.
    So far I am happy with the grow. fingers crossed.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 06-07-2020, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    that's my 1st cheap meter and it is close compared to others I have purchased so happy with it. I have tried with and without the air domes and my yields are better with then without although it is not scientifically proven I like the idea of air in the bottom where all that water is. It can only help and standing water tend to turn anaerobic.

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    That's a cool meter...I see you're using the air domes. Have you tried a grow without them? I'm using them in my current grow but not sure how to determine if they have made a difference. I'm just curious. I don't see me NOT using them in the future.

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Day 20 and things are looking a bit darker green. So far the fabric pot plant is growing faster.
    Both Berry Bombs look good and so does the Trans Siberian.
    Have a bit of a heat wave with temps up to 32C. and dry air. RH often at 30%
    Not a fan of faster evaporation as it can concentrates the nutes but no big concern with lots of air circulation and watering down the nutes a bit.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183232_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	781.8 KB ID:	411828Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183245_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	722.4 KB ID:	411829Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183255_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.7 KB ID:	411830Click image for larger version  Name:	20200531_183301_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.4 KB ID:	411831

Leave a comment:

• swegrow
    replied
    Looking forward to see how the fabric is doing John!

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    My third grow and first time using the autopot system. I'm using cloth pots. I have no complaints. A few weeks away from harvest and we'll start again.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Sites with claims like this always make me run the other way. It is impossible for them to purchase the genuine product and resell it without a huge loss. But that's just me.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    I just might give it a shot thanks for the link.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the same thing. Ordered a rdwc system that was $400 everywhere else and they had it for $68 but after I ordered I didn’t receive a confirmation email so I messaged them and it took a week before the responded with my order and tracking numbers then almost 2 months later it arrived

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X