Fingers crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed

Toes, eyes, knees n elbows too....Hopin 3rd's the charm cause I shared a lot & these are my last 4 auto seeds.

Ok- I filled the pots with soil, dug out a 2x2" hole & filled it with a mix of soil, coco & more perlite, laid the seeds down & covered em with the coco mix. They popped this morning & I took em outside where they're gonna live.
    So I assume I still water with a spray bottle? How long before they git watered normal? Is there anything else I need to do to make em happy? Anything I need to watch for? It's starting to drizzle..... is rain a bad thing at this stage?

Good luck would not of been my first choice the way your doing it, I don't get it??? Why?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      What would you do differently?

Well JDU the temps are not great neither is the rain. Put under veg light 20-4 or 18-6 for few weeks then outside. I don't know what Salem is doing but down here it's pounding rain off and on. Put a seedling out there see what it would do? It would up earth that seedling is my guess. I don't know my brain is foggy from thinking for others been on the phone helping relatives all morning seems like. I'm going to watch a matinee movie with some chicken salad I made and crackers now that's a good plan

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You move them outside when the daylight hours are conducive to veg stage.
      Two major mistakes I have seen are...
      1. growers trying to get an early jump on the season and the daylight hours are still only 12-12 outside. The plants flower, and they loose a month of growth attempting to re-veg.
      2. growers have their indoor starter plants under 24 or 18 hours of light, then put them outside under the 14 hours of natural daylight. The plants flower due to the decreasing daylight hours they were used to and same situation occurs with reveg.
      I start them inside under 14 hours per day of light. I move them outside when the natural daylight hours are closer to 14.
      Shit, edit... I didnā€™t notice you said autos. This information above was for photoperiod. I have never grown autos, but would suggest putting them out when the spring rains are practically over and night time temps are high enough to maintain healthy growth.
      Last edited by Toker1; 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are autos Toker?
      Light schedule doesnā€™t matter.
      Shit I did not see the last of your comment tokeršŸ¤¦šŸ¼šŸ˜†. Sorry

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't grow photos outside. One neighbor has a motion floodlight & another's driveway is so that headlights shine into my yard. Plus the wife turns the porch light on when she goes out for a smoke.

I donā€™t see a problem here ?
    You started them in their final pot right ? - I do the same with a lot of success. Yes you use a spray bottle until they get large enough - meaning the first 2-3 weeks you spray around the plant, in a circle not bigger than the tips of the leaves. A good thumb rule šŸ‘šŸ»

you will know when they start drinking enough. And by then you can apply water in the normal way. The plant must be big enough to drink the water in the pot without getting over watered of course.
    I have starter my autos in a 40 Liter pot. Think itā€™s 7,9 gallon. They are doing fine
    Just because people are over 50 doesnā€™t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the ā€œbestā€ lol

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. Final pot this time!
      I'm sure I can redneck up some sorta shelter... Thanks!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Final pot is essential for an auto. - not saying a transplant canā€™t be done. But the clock is ticking when the seeds sprouts

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I know the general consensus but in my lifelong experience I like to transplant. The way I do it is another way to supercrop the top growth.
      But I know NOTHING about autos so I defer to you good folk & will learn as I grow.

My outdoors autos
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the ā€œbestā€ lol

Comment

Lookin good!!

How's this? Instant greenhouse! I can git a bigger bag for the laundry hamper frame & some corrugated vinyl sheeting for an unused 4x4x8 tent frame when they need it!!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It donā€™t takes long to build one for sure ā˜ŗļø
        If yo get some kind of cover-roof, you will be fine

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Headed to Home Depot today! šŸ˜Ž
        I hope they have something that don't block UV rays.
        Last edited by JDU; 05-20-2020, 05:03 PM.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not bad šŸ‘šŸ» And if you are a little uncomfortable by Gavin them outside in some nights, take them inside at night the first weeks. And outside in the morning, they donā€™t care.
        If you of course have that opportunity.

I grown 50-60 auto strain before I even started on feminized photo strain

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense seein how you're from so far North šŸ˜Š

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. Photo strains in Denmark with short summer is not ideal at all.
        So I relied on autos many summers
        But here in Portugal - my autos are really thriving.

Actually I made a ā€œauto flower experimentā€ in this forum about of course autos flowers and not reviving enough light, and about the genes. If you want to follow that experiment of course

Comment

JDU Gotta think about it don't put the cart before the horse. We don't live in the Portugal can't put tiny seeds unprotected in spring here in Oregon. Too bad you lost all your autos.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I never wrote unprotected?
          And Iā€™ve grown autos in Denmark a lot more in Portugal.
          My experience is if they donā€™t get rain and a decent amount of sunlight, you can still get a good harvest. Denmarkā€™s has about the same climate Oregon, maybe even more a bad climate.
          It can be done with the right attention. And the right cover for the plants

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never been to Denmark or Oregon... but have been really close to both. What I can say is Norway (Oslo) in the summer time is very similar to Northern Cali (SF bay) in the spring.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the summer in Oslo is pretty much the same as SF in Northern California. The plants such be okay
          My experience Autos can take a beating and they a a little more hardier when you have cold nights - than photos strains donā€™t have

Right yes it can with the right protection, right timing knowing about the plant it all figures in the grow, soil, light needs this is what we try to teach and learn here. Look at others grow techniques see and make a plan. Stupid willy nilly throw a seed down see if it grows might work in a perfect climate but it take a good deal of thought and planning growing here. That's what i'm talking about differences what works for one may not work for another but know about the environment. Peace

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had grown a clone that a buddy gave me as well.
          But I found these seeds with a quick online search.
          Alaskan Thunderfuck by GeneSeeds is native to Matanuska Valley in Alaska. The lady is extremely high in resin and THC, and delivers a very powerful punch—the perfect combo of awesome narcotic relaxation and mental stimulation. You will want more and more of her, and before you know it, you will find yourself sprawled on the couch in supreme relaxation.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. Thanks

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          So I should not come and give my experience? Because what works for me donā€™t work for others ? I think this I why we have a forum ? Hearing peopleā€™s experiences and maybe take a note here and there ? It could help. Or at least healthy to hear each otherā€™s experiences about growing autos.
          Iā€™ve done my share with auto and I have a lot of experience with growing in a shitty climate
          My 2 cents āœŒšŸ»

These autos are I shit you not 15days from seed. Outdoor on a porch in a tent no heat just a 450 viparspectar on both switches. It's 67 in the tent it's 3x3x6 they are in a soil mix I make. They been fed 2x 1xwk only. the leaf is huge bigger than my hand and my hubby's. The stalks are near pencil size biggest I had so far. Did I make mistakes with autos most all of them had errors from me. I've only grown them last summer and now this winter a total of 9 plants in all the grows and finally these have turned my head around autos. I'm super thrilled on how they are doing so far. And those are 2gal plastic pots BTW

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

JDU i'm sorry I hijacked your post by no means do I mean to offend you.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            You didn't hijack it. Were talkin about outdoor autos & I welcome all perspectives & advice. The offence I recognize as mostly your rough start to the day & won't hold it against ya. šŸ˜Ž

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Btw your plants look amazing. I'll git there soon!

Sorry JDU you know sometimes I really need to just take a step back and not say things so bluntly regardless of my shitty morning. You will get there

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            'S all good. I've popped off when I was drunk enough somebody shoulda took my phone lol.

I dig the ingenuity of the box. You're a JDU after my own heart. Here's what I used to flower one plant that wouldn't fit in my tent. It wound up outgrowing the boxes and the boxes tore up from use. It eventually went in the bathroom to finish.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell yeah!!! Makin do!!! šŸ¤ 

Iā€™m just saying, itā€™s not that hard and it can be done with the right attention of course your plants will benefit from a light hanging just above them and give the light 20/4 or 24/0.
          If you donā€™t have the space or the light - itā€™s not impossible and it gives a decent amount of yield also .
          but of course that is my experience
          my night temps are 9-13 Celsius, and the seedlings are doing fine, as long they are covered from the rain at night, they can handle it
          Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 05-21-2020, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X