Epsom salt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epsom salt?

Hey guys quick question. Can I use epsom salt for plant nutrients? If so how much should I apply ( how many sprays
    approx.) and should I put it
    on the dirt or the plant? I’m trying to stay organic with my plant and have heard it is good for nutrients every other week or so.

Hey Xconian I use Epsom salts on outside plants, not in. Magnesium is in CalMag. I oxygenate my water with a fish tank pump. Fabric pots area also good for letting oxygen into your roots. I stay away from anything with sulfur in it. I dab. Some folk don't know how to make shatter and junk and they wind up tasting like matches.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Hey man I’m talking about my weed plant lol not any of that crap. I read it can be used for plant growth but I didn’t know if this was true or not. A few places said it’s good for a foliage spray. I’m all weed lol. So I shouldn’t use it then? Is there a good foliage spray/ nute spray for flowering plants that are all natural?

Comment

Crap, hmm. That's my line.
        ES is a natural product. Many CalMag's are not. You sound like you've done some research pro ES. Look for negatives. If you can's find any, look for the smallest dose you can find someone using, and move up from there.
        I don't use it but I know many people do.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Ok cool thanks much I appreciate it I looked into it pretty good and did a dose tonight and if it helps I will continue to once a month. I’ll keep you posted thanks again

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I make my own flowering nutrient and one of the ingredients is Epsom salts. I use less than a gram per liter or a full spoon for a 5 gal bucket. Density is 1:1 to water so you can take a syringe, remove the interior part and the needle. And the graduated part works as a measuring tube. Fill with salts until 1 ml and that’s a gram

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            And it’s for the soil and roots. For foliar spray i would recommend something bottled like calmag. 5ml per liter of water

I use one teaspoon of epsom salt (Magnesium Sulfate) in one gallon of water for a watering cycle of once or twice a month. The magnesium ion is a central component of the chlorophyll molecule. Chlorophyll can not be produced without magnesium. I use it for watering the soil not on the leaves.
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Xconian if you want to stay natural grow aloe Vera and use the gel about a 1-4 cup a week when watering. Also kelp meal water it in and you will be as happy as your plants will be.

Comment

If you use tap water it has all you need in it already. Something to research before hand is Magnesium toxicity, it is easy to use to much..

Comment

Awesome thanks a bunch all. I am only doing it once a month as needed (which it didn’t really much) I did it last night and today she’s quite happier then usual it seemed to shoot up my white hairs more too. I also threw a fan in there. She’s been super sturdy the whole time but I wanted to make sure to nip any problems in the bud before they arise. Preventative measures. And I’ve done a shit ton of research on the epsom and overdoing it etc. so it’s going to be sparingly and only if I feel she needs a little boost in growth. Thanks so much for the input all

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X