Help on strange leaves appearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on strange leaves appearance.

Hi, 3 days ago I topped my plants (2 of them). Yesterday I transferred them in larger pots. This morning I observed on one plant that two upper leaves looked wrinkled in the center of the leaves . This happened only on one plant and only on two top set of leaves. I checked in my books and on the web, including GWE and could not find any look alike leaves so I have no clue what has caused this. Could it be that the plant has a hard time to adjust to its new larger pot? Could it be related to food? Please advise if you have seen this before. Thank you! JC

How much water are you giving it ? Not much info about the environment and setup **
    You topped them and transplant them within 24 hours ? Could be the stress from the HST and the transplant ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Any recent issue like potup? or root disturbance will often show in the leaves first
      root rot is an example
      chill for now check again in 36-48 hours
      good luck

Comment

What is the environment like? Temp, humidity ect. It is definitely stressed and yes that can be because of transplant but the leaves look plumpish or waterlogged. I would keep an eye on watering (esp over watering) and make sure it's not too hot for it or the light is too close as those can sometimes have similar symptoms. Like vostok says, i would let it rest for a couple days and just keep an eye out for worsening symptoms because at this point taking too much action can actually make it worse. Esp after a transplant.

Comment

Generally want to give them time to recover from one source of stress (topping) before introducing another
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Next time try transplanting first, then top after a few days. It works best that way if you have to do them at the same time. Usually from what I've seen, it usually only takes a few hours to 2 days to recover from transplant shock. Topping takes a few days at least usually to recover. Another reason I do it that way is so I can start tying them down in the new pot and don't have to tie, untie, and tie again. Just my thoughts

Comment

OK thank you all for the replies. I agree I should have transplant first, let adjust, then top. I have temperature of about 23C, humidity is 35 - 45 %, 600W LED lighting in a tent. Ventilation is good. I water with Ph-Balance-Technology fertilizer that provided fantastic results on my last year crop. So I will be patient and keep an eye on it. This morning, the situation hasn't changed so I guess you guy are right; too much stress. Cheers! JC

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X