Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condensation

Hello again
    I've just opened my grow tent to discover i have bad condensation on the walls and droplets on my plants... My fan comes nxt week so my questions are
    A) Will the fan cure this?
    B) Is it harmful to plants?
    C) What can i do to cure it if it is harmful?

Thankyou
    Dave ✌

A good fan properly vented should end all of that. A wet tent encourages mold growth, so yes it's a bad thing. If the smell isn't a problem, you can unzip the tent enough to let the excess moisture pass into the room until you get that fan. I can recommend AC Infinity. The fans are solid and can be bought with as fancy a controller as you wish.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Too much moisture can induce mold - fan will help just don't have it blowing directly on your plants.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ok thankyou...
        Dave✌

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1972 View Post
          Hello again
          I've just opened my grow tent to discover i have bad condensation on the walls and droplets on my plants... My fan comes nxt week so my questions are
          A) Will the fan cure this?
          B) Is it harmful to plants?
          C) What can i do to cure it if it is harmful?

Thankyou
          Dave ✌
          Your carefully measured fan will fix this 4x4, is valid for a 6 inch Dia fan, include a filter?
          for now I'd be keeping an eye on your Rh gauge ideal is 65%- 75% for veg
          for me the higher the better
          hold the mold at bay with Neem Oil good for bugs and molds
          sold near you as leaf shiner ..? lol

and I'd stop water or water very lightly

good luck

Comment

Thankyou for your feedback i really appreciate it
            i am now in week 6 of vegetation and just 'topped' one of the plants... In another 3 weeks according to my research i should cut away the big leaves at the bottom then switch to flowering. Is this right?
            Once again thankyou
            Dave ✌

Comment

Leave the tent open until your fan arrives.

Comment

I opened all vents but left doors shut.... There is no condensation this morning. Thankyou all once again..
                I'm sure I'll be back once i switch to flowering ...
                Dave✌

Comment

I like to have the lowers pretty cleaned up by the time I flip and through about week 3.
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Dehumidifier and defoliation. Don't allow leaves to sweat on each other. https://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Twice, it's happened to me. The first time I had exhaust but no openings for supply, save one. There was about 2" of opening between the zippers in my tent. I opened after a dark period and my tent sides were moist.
                      The second time was last night. Exhaust was fine. The supply fan fell out of the port hole. Same thing with moisture. Those are also the only two times I've had issue with humidity.
                      Could negative pressure be an issue? Watering before dark?
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6
                      Nutes
                      CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X