No announcement yet.

Aurora indica fem photo grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went the town over for 4 buck n a quarter pots so it's transplant day. Some pics of the pots I got. The way I got them and the way I got them ready to grow dope in. Made a new soil mix,60%root farm hydro mix. 30% promix HP. And 10% Peat moss. Cut 60 mix to 40 perlite. Waiting for a battery to charge so I can finish drilling my last 2 pots and I will make a post shortly as I physically transplant the girls to their middle home.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there your busy busy all the time. I have 2 tubs like yours I mix my outdoor mix different so 1 keep it separated from indoor. All your mix is very similar to mine for indoor, I never have used mycronize? I love mixing my soils filling pots something about it makes me feel good.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here it's a fun way to pass the time. I love me a good mixin of some quality soil lol. They keep me busy. I like the promix. Really makes a difference at the roots, growth as well as uptake of nutes and water. I like the tubs. I have those 2 and I have a 200 gallon tub outside for my big batches. It's nice to have the room to give er a good mix. I like to work it in. Break up all the little balls get it as good as I can to keep the girls happy

Got them switched over. No damage atall to the roots. They were filling up the solo cup quickly and I have a month or so to wait before the tent is free, couldn't fit 4 10 gallon bags into my little box. Not by a long shot.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

Here's some top and side views of the girls in their new homes. Temporary homes I should say. Tomorrow June 12 will be 1 month since they were put into paper towels. They are 3 weeks from sprout today. Coming along nicely if I do say so myself. Each one got 500ml of pHed water at 6.5 Today and then Saturday they will get 500ml of pHed water with full strength nutes as before. Calmag as well as some molasses. Each plant is under 3 25 watt CFLs. Will be putting a small led board in tomorrow as I ran out of time today and the lights went out as I finished watering.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great, happy healthy starts and growing.

Little update. About 3 days ago. Watered in their new pots a second time. Their first watering of straight water. About to top sometime this week. They're growing an inch or so daily. Update on Saturday when I get home and top them. They like their new pots. The cups were getting too small real fast. 5 weeks old today.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        They look great

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Not bad atall eh. They've been getting some nice days out in the sun here and there. Got maybe 3 weeks and they can get in the big tent. Give them some real light and we'll see them really take off.

I got home from a 4 day "vacation" where I worked more than home lol. 2 plants grew into the lights. Topping day. Will post another once they have been chopped down.

Comment

All the girls topped and fed. I saved between 6 and 8 nodes on each plant. Giving me 12 to 16 branches on each. Will start with that. One girl was hungry compared to the others so I gave her a boost on nitrogen to get the color to a darker green. You can see in a couple up close photos that the girls are throwing hairs already. Even though I knew they were fems. It's nice to see hairs for confirmation.

Comment

Water start at 8.5 ph. Brought down to 5.78 with feed and ph down. pH at the roots is 5.67. I want to bring the soil pH up over 6 slightly. Couple pics of the tops I removed. That's all for now.

Comment

June, 21,2020 4 aurora indica moved into the 4x4x8 tent.

Chopped 7 bagseed down and hung em up.
            Completely broke down the tent, removed everything, bleached and bleached again. Wiped it down with water and put the tent back up and put everything back inside. For the time being the girls are under the 150w spider quantom board. With a 100w tri light on the back at a 45° angle as well as a 50 watt panel on each side to bring the different reds blues oranges and infrared light to the plants. As well as 10 23w CFLs at the front. 580 watts at the wall in the 4x4 all directed as possible towards the plants.
            I was weighing the pros and cons of using the 330 watt philzon instead of the 150 spider. And in the end decided to use the 150. 800 watts was abit much considering they were under 3 23w CFLs each yesterday. Want to ease them into it slowly and if it feels right I'll switch to the philzon and use the spider as side lighting.

Plants are currently 40 days old, topped yesterday for the first time. They're approx 10 to 12 inch tall at the location I cut the top off.

Have been feeding full strength since 10 days above ground, with a pH watering every 3rd time. They are happy in their 1 gallon pots at the moment. When the roots start to show through the holes I made all around the sides of the pots they will go into their final home in the 10 gallon bags. Will be a full hydro grow once they get into the 10g bags. Approximately 50percent coco. 20 percent peat moss. 30 percent promix HP. Then that will be cut with perlite about 40 to 50 percent perlite and 50 to 60 coco mix.

Now that I'm down to 4 plants...and one out in the bush. I'll be itching to start some more plants. Still waiting on my order from seedsman. Going on 6ish weeks since the order was placed. Might start one or 2 and keep them in the little box (30 wide 48 deep and 36 high) would be nice to make one plant fill out the box completely.

I think I've rambled on enough. I still have lots of cleaning to do before I can relax for the night. Here's some pics of my day.

Comment

great growing setup. You Northern Ontarians are serious about this...

Comment

• Jordann
                Jordann commented
                Editing a comment
                Go big or go home. If I can beat 3 pounds with 4 plants I will have bested myself. It's something I put time into to replace what I did before I wrecked my hip and back. Keeps me going I guess.

Thx for sharing Jordann. I really like the details. I'm a soil grower...still kinda new to this but am curious about the soil packages that say, 'great for new hydro growers.' Seems a little confusing through the super lemon haze this morning. I understand about Trudeau but I'll trade you him for Trump and for boot I'll throw in Pence, McConnell, and another conservative of your choice.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Jordann
                Jordann commented
                Editing a comment
                You've got a deal. Anything to get rid of our fuckwit. I'll take multiple fuckwits to get rid of his incompetent ass. Can't believe we gave him a second term. Speaks poorly of Canada. But Trump is going to get a second term. So what's that say about the us lmao. Basically good for new hydro growers is basically soil less growing but with abit of forgiveness mixed in lol.

Here's yesterday's update June 24. Tied a few taller branches down and removed a leaf or 2. Drinking 500ml a day. Plain watered. Full strength resumes tomorrow. After I eat a fat rice crispy square laced with strong indica butter. Made a 2 pound batch of butter with a little more than 3 oz of straight nuggets. Need something to replace my seroquoil so I can get off that shit and still sleep. If it works well enough maybe I can get off my zopiclone too. Only have another 2 pounds of this weed left should last another few months. With the other 2 lbs I have lying around.

Comment

So I did a thing. Amazon just had to notify me that a light went on sale. Bastards I tells ya 😂🤣 when I flower my 4 plants they'll each have a core coverage 2x2 lamp over top with a 4x4 core coverage right in the middle. 2 spider farmer at 150w each and 2 philzons at 100w each. And a 350w philzon in the middle. Might hit 1000 watts in the 4x4. I'll stop there I promise myself 😉. Gotta re up on nutes next month got 4 hungry mouths to feed.

Comment

Transplant day. Into the 10gallon fabric pots. 2 plants, 1 under spider and one under philzon. And the other 2 under the big philzon. A little over 700 watts at the moment. All I can say right now. Back out to the camper till Thursday when I'll do a better update.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know why but i can't click on your pics and they go black on me? Anyhow i can see from this you are way to busy LOL

Thursday they were tied down for their first time. They didn't skip a beat with the transplant

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice training Jordann looking very happy.

• Jordann
                    Jordann commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks . One plant will be going in a spiral for the fun of it. I waited abit too long to start training. Took alot of bending and pinching and twisting to get the tops to get down so the bottoms can grow taller.

Saturday July 11. Watered 2 gallons each plant back at full strength feeding again. Everything sprung back up beautifully and are growing and inch plus a day. Average temp is between 28 and 34c. 80 to 110f. With the 3 lights in the tent the 6inch exhaust fan can only bring it down so much since the house is around 23c. Plants don't seem to be bothered by the heat. 5 fans within the tent circulating air and cooling the drivers. The 2 plants that have a light to themselves really show good thick bushy growth. The other 2 are showing a bit different growth but still keeping up with the others. Nice thick stems and stalks these girls are going to be beastly. I'm in no rush to switch to flower, they will grow to the point of covering the whole 4x4. I going for 3 feet of plant above the soil before I switch to flower. These indica don't stretch too much after the switch to 12s. I think they're around 2 months old right now. I've been out camping and only coming back to water the plants and go back out then next time I trimmed and tied and now I'm back for the night. I'll do an update likely on Tuesday when I'll be taking them out of the tent to add a touch of amended soil on top and tie everything down again and water. Drinking a litre of water plus daily with the high temperature of the tent. I might be testing a new light for a company, I can only say so much right now but I will be doing a grow journal side by side with one tent being their light and the other being my lights. Same plants same feed same water side by side comparison to see if their lights work as well as they say. I'll have a code for 25%off for when the lights go on sale in 2021

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good for you Jordann those plants look great. I do think i like to veg my photos 2+ months bigger yields for sure and the ability to work the plants.

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    looking real healthy

• Jordann
                    Jordann commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SoOrbudgal. I've got enough jarred up that I can veg till Christmas lmao. So I'll be going to max out the tent and try for some 6 footers. One foot for pots and one foot for lights, pot in the middle. Probably flip to 12s when they're over 4 foot ish. @JohnEdmad. Thanks. They're loving all the room their feet have. It's time for an update I think they're exploding. Might have to turn a light on and update tonight

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X