Aurora indica fem photo grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Aurora indica fem photo grow journal

Well people, here we go. It's Tuesday May 12/2020.

Seeds in paper towel on plate under foil on top of satellite TV box for heat, approx 25 to 30 'c. 5 seeds, Amsterdam Origin.
    Willl be planted in my own soil coco compost 50/50 perlite blend with fish shit, some bone and blood meal and some other ingredients. Starting in the famous red Solo cup and going directly into the 7 gallon pots from there.

Feeding the general hydroponics line up grow micro bloom and calmag, with water pHed between 6 and 7, likely bounce from 6 one water to 7 the next as apposed to sticking to one level. Won't be doing feed to waiste for a couple months, waiting for a full root ball before I kill it with water.

Seedlings will be going into their first home, 24Wx36Lx48H. Under 8 23w CFLs. Topping when plant has a healthy start, try some different training on different plants. Mainlining, quadlining manifolding with lost of LST to fill a 4x4 tent.

Grtting into the setup... 4x4x8 tent, 330w philzon with a 150w bloom plus quantum board. 350 watts of corner and side lighting to bring the total watts to 830, which gives about 51 watts per sq/ft. 240cfm exhaust fan direct outside, 8 inch and 4 inch fans inside the tent as well as a double 6 inch window fan running along the base of the tent inside. I'm looking at getting 4 120 watt Q boards and a 480 driver and making my own board which should cover the 4x4 nicely, maybe with the current 150 and maybe the 330 as well if I can control heat properly. Would work out to 960 watts. Would be max for a 4x4 tent in my opinion.

I'll try to do atleast 1 weekly update, or more depending on life.

Wish me luck. Might be a warm indoor season here. AC will be set up in the next few weeks, we still have snow on the ground but it's going to warm quickly.

Happy growing. Happy smoking. Happy vaping. Happy munching. Stay healthy and stay stoned.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

3 have split so far growing tails. Will go in soil tomorrow evening. Hoping the other 2 split as well.

I ordered 200 euro of seeds off seedsman today. Not sure what that translates to Canadian but I figure closer to 300.
    Got 5 blackberry fem photo. 5 blacksugar fem photo. Female collection #3 mix of 6 fem photo. Indica collection mix of 4 strain, 8 fem photo seeds. 3 Free cheese fem and 3 gelat OG fem as well as 3 Bubba Kush fem.
    10 to 25 days delivery time. Will have some variety for the next coming grows.

Ordered some 10 gallon fabric pots for my aurora indica grow and expanded my soil mix to be able to fill 50 gallons of pots.

Been kicking around the idea of buying something from California light works. Maybe their 1100 series pics below.
    If anyone has tried their lights let me know what you think pls and thx.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

Some pics. Plants are at 2 weeks of flower. In with the big girls.

Comment

Got 3 of my seeds in the soil. Hoping the other 2 open tomorrow or Monday. Will stay under CFL till my big tent is empty and washed out really well for any pollen.

.Sat May 16/2020 3 seeds in soil mix.

Comment

As I wait for my aurora seeds to come out of the ground I trimmed up some sample from last week and took some new samples to dry for a week. Getting so close to harvest. Time goes by so damn slowly. Every day feels like a week dammit. Hoping to have some sprouts when I get home Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Well 2 of 3 seeds broke ground this morning. (05/19/2020) and one seed in paper towel that will be planted today, of 5 seeds one didn't germinate atall but I'd be happy to grow 4 monster indicas and some small plants in-between the 10 gallon pots. I think I'll be harvesting a plant today🤩

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a good plan Jordann. Aurora indica is a old favorite strain.

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I hope I can do it justice going camping till Saturday afternoon then when I get home I have 4 plants to fell and trim. Finally and I do me fkn finally they've been giving me hell since the end of November dammit. Nice golden trichs all over now, my bedtime buds.

Saturday May 23rd 2020
            2 plants that split first in the paper towels are growing their second set of real leaves. The late poppers are working on their first set of jagged leaves but still lagging behind the biggest 2, they'll catch up. Still spending their time under 10 23 watt curly CFLs. Good temps and humidity. Being sprayed/watered with pH water at 6.5. seeds are 12 days from going into paper towels, glad I got 4 out of 5 to grow, fifth seed did not crack open.

On another note I spent the night trimming 6 girls and hanging them up. Moved the little flowering girls to center of the tent getting the full force of the 330w 100w and 150w. I shut off the 300 watts of supplemental lighting for the time being, let them get their footing before I roast them. With full power. More pics to follow below.

Comment

Here's the 7 girls as they sit now. This batch started with 48 seeds in paper towel. 40 sprouted, within 6 weeks I seeded out 20 obvious males. Within the next 2 weeks I removed another 5 males, leaving me with 15 going into flower, first week of flower I found 3 more males and 5 hermed so here I go big tent with 7 little plants tucked in the center. Plants range from 10 to 26 inch. One topped once for 2 colas. 2 topped and kept 4 main lines 2 topped once with 3 lines kept for 3 colas each. One topped itself and one is untouched. Letting nature do its thing from now on.

Comment

And this is my 6 plant 4 strain bagseed harvest completed may 22, planted mid November. They gave a good fight but I won. This was grow number who the hell knows anymore. 50 maybe 70 I stopped counting at 30.

Just jarred up plant 1 of 6...4 densely stuffed jars. Other 5 are still too moist.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I compliment you on your determination. This has been a rough go past winter for you and with perseverance you did not throw the towel in you excelled with the grow and came out the winner!! Just a great grow Jordan happy harvest and hope you enjoy your well deserved camping trip. Beautiful buds

• Jordann
                  Jordann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal thanks for the compliment, one day at a time and repeat, about 90% of the time in the morning I'm happy I worked up. The other 10 I get baked,. Well every morning I get blasted. But that's beside the point
                  Had a great time at the trailer. Put a few hundred miles on the 4wheelers in 5 days.
                  Just came back to do my duty and keep the girls alive. I thought about shutting down and skipping the summer grow and just camp but there's 2 many people counting on mah dope. It's 90 f in my bedroom with 2 AC's in the house and my hot air vented directly outdoors. Life is good.. hope all is well on your end oh and 98 in the tent

May 25/2020
                seeds from paper towel to this in 13 days. They're healthy happy some with their second set and some with their 4th set.
                Waiting for my 10 gallon fabric pots to come in and they will be transplanted directly into the 10 g pots looking at a month to 6 weeks before the 4x4x8 will be empty and bleached out to receive these 4 girls.

Comment

Wed\may/27/2020.

4 girls got their first feed with their watering today. 500ml water bottle (grow, 10 drops) (micro, 5 drops) (bloom, 10 drops) (calmag 5 drops). 10ml cyringes are my favorite. There's one floating in my bottle of calmag that I dropped in and can not retrieve 🙄. Each plant got 60 ml of this solution, or 70. I try to keep track but I'm high. Sorry. The other half of the bottle went into the plant I harvested all but 1 leaf and is starting to veg nicely again. Just an experiment to see how many times I can harvest this one plant. Kept in the same can throughout its life. My tap water, after sitting for a week. At 25 c. Measures at almost 8.6 ph. What am I drinking I think it's over 9 from the tap. ☠️☠️☠️ Small town problems I think. Anyone want to buy a unopened bottle of ph up? The biggest has 6 sets of leaves and yet very short and starting to throw branches from the base of leaves. Light around 2 inch or less away. The smaller 2 planted 4 ish days ahead of the Biggins starting their 3rd set of leaves. The large 2 had yellowing round leaves that I can't spell the proper name of, so the feed is on, will be closely monitored from now on to set up a feed schedule and see how hungry they are. Waiting for 10 gallon bags will go directly from solo to bag. Post to follow below.

Comment

Got another 5 gallons of perlite. I keep running our hardware store out of perlite and they keep getting these dinky bags should have just about 40 gallons of soil. Some around 30% perlite already and a bag or promix which is about 15 percent perlite already. One bucket of promix and compost with some cactus black soil. And the bigger bucket in back about 50 coco and 50 my soil mix plus the perlite. Will make a big batch mix and use once well mixed together in my 100 gallon tub then spread to the 10 gallon bags with an inch of clear stone at the bottom. Severe thunderstorms today with rotation and rolling blackouts, have to keep resetting my timers when it comes back on. Satellite TV no reception. Then sun then another round. Promix with mycorrhizae is worth its weight in gold. Living fungus helps roots grow and uptake nutes. Wouldn't grow straight in it I like my mix to round things of to a soil pH or 6 to 6.5. Will update in a few days or when my fabric pots come in. Finally going to take everyone's advice and try these miracle grow bags. If anyone sees miracle grow fertilizer in my pictures I assure you it's unopened and will be spreading it on the lawn where it belongs. Bye for now.🙃 Lightning just struck my neighbours lawn and I have no power again. Been a hell of a day.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We had power out 3hrs yesterday moved my autos outdoors for the day it's hot 85f here. I only have 3 autos flowering but 9 others with different finish times for perpetual grows with the out door photos.

• Jordann
                      Jordann commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It seems to have calmed down for the night. 85 and 95 with the humidity. Trying to dry buds. Feeling like I'm working backwards here. Even with the dehumidifier I just can't win. Fans on them to keep the mould away so far. They were dryer on the plant 😣

Well I'm back from a couple weeks of bush Nd mud and biking, lots of drinking and smoking. It's June 9 just an update, one plant has been hungry. I'm up to full strength feeding for the lot with a little boost for the hungry one. Getting ready to move them out of their solo cups but still waiting on my 10 gallon bags to come in. Have been coming to town to water and get more beer and open jars.

Comment

Well here's the harvest of 6 plants. Minus a quarter pounder of shake and popcorn. No final weight yet but it was fairly successful around a pound plus of good bud.

Comment

Update June 10.

June 8s heavy feeding seems to have stopped the yellowing in its tracks. They got fed today, 125% strength general hydroponics. The more I think about my "soil" the more I realize I'm growing in hydro since my mix only has about 10 to 20 percent soil, 50 coco, and 30 percent spagnum moss. Which is cut 50\50 with perlite. Will be keeping up with the feeding and maybe a watering every 4th or 5th feeding. Every second day they're dry. I'm looking for a middle man pot between solo and 10 gallon. Something that can fit into their box while I finish the ones in the tent. Nothing available in my town pot wise so I'm having to improvise, open to suggestions. Something easy to transplant from when the time comes.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X