Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important question - seedling starting to sprout

All right guys, I've got a problem:
    A few days ago I noticed that a seed I planted was starting to sprout. I got impatient and dug it up a little, and touched the leaves coming out. I didn't pull it out completely, just uncovered it a little. Now I was wondering if this seedling has no chance for survival after I messed with it? It doesn't look dead/dying but you never know with these damn seeds. I've attached pictures. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks!

Couple questions. What is your grow medium? Soil? Coco? When was the last time you watered (looks a tad dry but seedlings dont take much water)? What is humidity? One thing i did to raise humidity was get a 16 oz water bottle and cut it in half to create a kind of humidity dome and that seemed to help. See pic below for example.

Comment

• yaboynatan
      yaboynatan commented
      Editing a comment
      Medium is soil. Watered about an hour ago, just sprayed some water around the seedling. Humidity, no idea... I'll try making my own humidity dome. But do you think it'll live? I've got it under a light...

Is this not the same one as before?
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Regardless,get them both under the light as close as possible like before and let them be for a while...

• yaboynatan
      yaboynatan commented
      Editing a comment
      This isn't the same one, this is a small sprout which doesn't have good chances of survival, the other sprout is looking fine

Bad thing to touch seedling when they 're sprouting. I'm sure you probably didn't wash your hands or at least have them wet. I would give them a couple of days. If no change, they are probably dead..

Comment

• yaboynatan
      yaboynatan commented
      Editing a comment
      That's all right, I'll wait...

hello it looks good to me a little dry (your medium) when iv got we babies i like to keep a ziplock over the top for a few days to keep in moisture and like nartak said "get the light on them"..... but watch temps not sure what kind of lights your using but heat can creep up on you fast are they sativa or indica ??
    Last edited by kinadianmedgrower; 01-10-2017, 03:53 PM. Reason: was not finished

Comment

• yaboynatan
      yaboynatan commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, I will do that! Hope she lives!

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by kinadianmedgrower View Post
      hello it looks good to me a little dry (your medium) when iv got we babies i like to keep a ziplock over the top for a few days to keep in moisture and like nartak said get the light on it but watch temps
      i believe a seedling can take up to 80.5 easily if i take my example of a 600w MH being 39cm from my newest seedling (1" tall just cotyledons and 2 wonky leaflets poping) with a 77.3 temp and a 35% RH ! Im vegging 6 plants,4 of which are the same age(35days old) 1 is 16days old and in the middle i have the seedling!!

• kinadianmedgrower
      kinadianmedgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      im sure she will good luck to you

Maybe I'm wrong. but that seedling looks fine from pic...just waiting a bit to unfold, which happens sometimes, from my sprouting experience. Good luck! 🌱
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• yaboynatan
      yaboynatan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot Rockman! Hope the seeding won't die, I've had very bad luck with germination and sprouting. I'll post updates once it sprouts!

OK guys, here's an update:
    Being the stupid fool that I am, I somehow tipped over the pot. I managed to scoop up the seedling in the soil and transplant her back into the pot. There's no visible damage but I'm now almost completely sure she won't survive. What do you all think?

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a fool matie,you just gotta smoke before you go in there lol!!And give them their peace,they really need their alone time at this stage!!once every 24hrs is more than enough to see what going on,any earlier you will need a timelapse to see changes any longer you might loose a hint of problems...

If i were you i would stick to that one girl you had and start by learning how these girls like being treated...Respect,privacy,love,food,warmth!!

Also,are these fem seeds or regs? If it is a reg just bin it,not worth going through all this mess,making is survive and then growing cojones...

P.S I tipped my 5 day old seedling over today and it got smudged but iom not worrying,having her at 40cm from the 600w MH has made a 2" stem be the thickness of 2-3 toothpicks lol!! It would prolly headstand the whole solo cup

Nartak, they are regular seeds (as far as I know) and as I said I'm not growing to smoke at this point. Just to see what I can grow. I know friends who have been caught by police (including me) for smoking weed. So I can't risk having people know I grow fucking marijuana, that's why I'm growing a male plant so I can avoid the whole smoking thing. Of course if it's ever legal here I'll start growing female plants.

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      And what if they grow pistils instead of spades? Im not arguing im just trying to figure out what you want to do...If its just growing a plant,you've done it!Just let them settle

Haha, well if I could hide my plants well enough I'd love to grow female. And I haven't "done it" at all, I've passed the first stage (germination and sprouting) but now the real trial is keeping her healthy and making sure she grows normally...

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Real trail starts when your flowering

I've had plenty of seedlings tht needed a little help like when the shell of the seed dosent come off if u dnt get thos leafs out it will definitely die but next time if it dnt need you help leave it alone
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Slow down. Growth takes quite a lot of patience. Even being rough on the little one you have to give the right amount of attention. Sometimes the hardest part is to do nothing for the plant. Good luck.

Comment

• yaboynatan
        yaboynatan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I'll just wait until I see results , if I don't, I'll keep trying...

Hi everyone. Wanted to post some updates and pictures:
      - The seedling that fell, is growing nicely.
      - My main seedling is also growing at a reasonable pace!
      - Planted another seed with a long root, so now I've got 3 in total.
      Thanks to everyone who helped me/gave me advice!
      I will keep updating!
      If you want you can follow @natansplants on Instagram, I post images multiple times daily.
      Natan

Comment

Awww looking nice and perky!! Be sure to time ur time differences right natan!!
        Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
        600W

LED
        2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
        BioBizzLight Mix
        Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
        Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
        Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
        CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
        Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• yaboynatan
          yaboynatan commented
          Editing a comment
          Right!! Well if you're interested in the plant's growth, you can check out my Instagram for daily updates. I'll be posting on here too

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry man,GWE is as far as im spreading my searches for cannabis! Cause "It's a dangerous world we live in"

I feel you. Don't wanna get caught... Anyway, peace man, I'll keep you and everyone else updated

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X