X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting lst, done right ?

This auto is about 21 day’s old
    Attached Files

Just to add, it’s my first grow and I’ve got some others, but I’m doing lst on one first as a test then I’ll do the others if it’s all good

Comment

For me - its Really hard to see what you have done because of the angle you took the picture in.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

He bent her over and tied her down. I haven't used that method yet but isn't it better to wait until it gets taller to do that? Was going to try it with a clone I have going. I purposely didn't top for that reason, but mine is much much taller and I haven't done anything yet

Comment

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          he trained too early I just did that with my widow and it was older by a few weeks than that and shes a gonner. It's just a matter of time probably a week and the stress will kill that one too........................sorry. I hope it doesn't

Bending it over and holding it there is about all you can do right now. I just started my 2nd ever auto grow and I planted all of them to one side of the pot and I’m going to make them grow in a circle around the container.

Comment

Okay I see. Personally I would wait a little bit, but of course you can do it now.
          I normally would do it when it’s a little bit taller and then it’s more flexible 👍🏻 But I don’t see a problem with it 👍🏻
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Oh sweet cheers guys, it was hard to get an angle which showed it properly, but I just wanted to test to see if one of them would work so hopefully it does work, I’ll wait for the others to get taller and I’ll try some lst with them, should I just keep tying down each Branch as they grow up?

Comment

• Tiger
              Tiger commented
              Editing a comment
              When do I stop tying them down and letting them just grow

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              When you have the desired form you like. But normally when you are some weeks into flowering the stems become harder. And you will have a hard time bending them - so with autos you need to have done all the LST before that - and hopefully you have the desired shape by then

Yea sorry for that - at least we are having a good time 😁

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha..@CaptainWiese91 and @bboyfromwayback...im just picturing that freak show now...droppin a hit, crawling into a tiny burple tent with air blowing all around you..thats gonna go bad in a hurry... let me outta here!!

It's just a matter of exposing future bud sites to maximum light Tiger. As CaptainWiese91 commented, until you get the shape you like.
            First pic, 3/18 - last pic, 5/06. Auto BlueBerry Domina. Good bending to you.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly! Nice with pics also 👍🏻

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Good job with the pics quirk pretty clear how to train.

Nice step by step tutorial quirk! And if i might add, once you have got the hang of LST, and you have figured out the sweet spot for lights and distance from the plant...you can control how the plant grows.
            These pics are AK-47(mother and clones) 1st grow(LST and lights at recommended height) 2nd grow, a little lighter LST but closer lights..plant stretched quite a bit more from first grow but much bigger colas all around. 3rd grow, less LST thru veg and untied at 12/12 flip before stretch...they have been 10" from lights for a month or so...Bigger yet
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Comment

Willyd ate you sure it was the lst that killed her? Maybe you snapped it and of course it would die then? I have trained them that small with no issues, maybe I got lucky or you were unlucky lol? But now I want to see what happens? I say she makes it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEF3C521-D0FF-4805-99CC-7C862BC088C1.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	404373 It didn’t snap it bent nicely the stress killed it. It’s was a very healthy plant too

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Crazy. Never heard of that before.

• bboyfromwayback
                  bboyfromwayback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That plant was plenty big enough to LST. I’ve actually snapped stems getting too carried away with my bends and had to bond them up with something to hold the plant together. They’ll grow a crazy looking knuckle and continue growing.

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  bboyfromwayback - you referring to willyd plant?
                  It all depends on the environment I think. And how you do the LST - personally I wait a bit - but as I’m saying it’s a personal matter. Can’t see something wrong with that size for lst. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Ya i did it too early

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X