Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if I can switch horses mid-race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if I can switch horses mid-race?

I posted earlier about the idea of trimming the root balls of my photos that I have currently growing in kind soil. In that post I mentioned that the kind soil seems to run out of gas towards the end of the flowering, and my latest Harvest which was a kind soil grow from start to finish was subpar. So I'm wondering if I can get these current photos out of the kind soil, and grow them for several weeks in coast of Maine, and then at some point after that put them in the 12 12 room. So they would be going from growing in kind soil, to growing in coast of Maine and having Botanicare nutrients fed to them. All of my previous grows had been just that, coast of Maine with Botanicare nutrients, and the plants were terrific. The harvests was great.
    so that said, can I take them out of the kind soil that they are currently in, clean off the root ball, and put them in fresh coast of Maine soil. Let them rest for a while and then start feeding week veg nutrients. And then proceeded to flower them out or begin to flower them out several weeks after that. Is this a bad idea or is it plausible?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

You may play whatever games you want with your plants

so long as they are in veg.

the further in veg they are the less succesful your play will be

in time you may.. like many to just add a little organic nute and avoid all that labor?

good luck

Comment

Wow. Doesn’t sound like a good idea. But I have never tried that. Why not amend the soil by top dressing it? Or make a compost/ wormcasting tea with kelp meal I bet that would boost your plants with on 48 hrs. Easier and no shock on plants. That’s what I think.

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Using kind soil with my last photo grow, about six weeks into flowering they started showing definite signs of needing nutrients. So yes I make my own guano tea and watered them with that and gave them a top-dressing of more kind soil with earthworm casings. In the end when I harvested them the buds were light weight, and insufficient. All my other grows prior to a kind soil grow the buds were so heavy by the 6th week I had to use yo-yos to hold them up all over the ceiling. Seducing them has not given me the success that I'm looking for. And that is my reasoning for switching over to Botanicare. I should say switching back because does the nutrient side used and got those really good harvest. I went to kind soil because I thought it would cut out some of the work. It ended up costing me more of the end so to speak.

Reread my comment on that post. I wasn't talking about traditional transplanting, I was talking about replacing your old soil completely like you just mentioned. And yes it can be done

Comment

Sorry for your results but good to know I'm not alone. I did 2 Kind grows and was disappointed with problems and yield as well. I used my extra 5lb. bag to compost a section of my lawn and it's looking good. As far as re-potting, undo pot, shake well and plug in. Good luck

Comment

I made some soil very much to hot, I took the plant out of it (keeping none of the soil) and put it in a milder soil, a splash of Voodoo Juice to help with root growth and it did just fine. Of course it would have done better had I not put her in such hot soil to start with.

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you@Rwise, that is reassuring.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X