First Timee Grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timee Grower

I started by soaking the seeds overnight in glass, and germinated them using the paper towel method. It took about 2-3 days for the seeds to germinate, I initially planted them in egg-crates and later on transplanted the seedlings into solo cups. I used a regular organic pot mix. Summer Sunlight duration 14-18 hours. Watering them from a pond water.

The seedlings started to blossom but the plants did not increase much in height.

Now I've transplanted them into bigger pots from the solo cups. I'm worried about the size of the plants as the height is low.

suggestions and advice are always invited.

Pond water sounds nice but spending $50.00 a year on lab tests is what I do on my 'well' ..some places like farmers groups are free

I allow a gallon of soil per month of growth or a litre of soil per week to avoid root bound, a little more perhaps as insulation from summer heat winter cold

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by vostok View Post
      Pond water sounds nice but spending $50.00 a year on lab tests is what I do on my 'well' ..some places like farmers groups are free

I allow a gallon of soil per month of growth or a litre of soil per week to avoid root bound, a little more perhaps as insulation from summer heat winter cold

good luck
      Thanks for the reply. I have pond water available is it is helpful. My plants are not root bound i noticed that while transplanting to a bigger pot.

Comment

I grew up growing weed in the woods with pond water, nothing wrong with it. Happy growing!
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

More perlite! 30 to 50% of the soil in you pot needs to be perlite to get air to the roots and allow drainage.
          I could only see the first and last pic.
          I would at least check the PH on the pond water.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsman67 View Post
            I grew up growing weed in the woods with pond water, nothing wrong with it. Happy growing!
            Thank you for that very useless piece of info
            so you won't mind being sued by jeeves07
            should he catch a Pythium infection anytime over the next 90 days ....lol

on your recomendation..? ....lol

Comment

• Woodsman67
              Woodsman67 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not following how you get an infection from pond water on your grow. You shouldn't consume raw produce without washing it, preferably with a mild vinegar solution. I appreciate your concern, I think your know it all attitude sucks. I never understand negativity. I try to be positive and helpful. I've been growing cannabis outdoors for 40 years and indoors a few years now. I used pond water exclusively to water my grow in my youth. It's all we had. I never worried about Giardia from the water, just as I never worried about Salmonella from bird poop on my flowers. But to make sure you dont die from pond water, make sure you dont eat your flowers or leaves when fresh and uncooked or cleaned. Is that better

Woodsman67 don’t interact with him. He has a “know it all” on everything in this forum. Every time I use my best knowledge and trying To help people. He is picking on people that don’t share the time “method” as him.
            jeeves07 Used pond water myself when I was growing outside in the days, nothing wrong with it - just take care of the curing process - also mine had bird shit on some plants - never in my life got salmonella. Rwise is saying and I would say it also - just measure the PH and you will be good.
            hope it helps 👍🏻 Or else come back with more questions- we are here for help 👍🏻
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X