No announcement yet.

Full Auto - Second Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be light!! My new DIY LED strip fixtures are up and running, much later than I planned but hey that's life sometimes. Either way, I'm happy and I sure hope my girls are happy about the new lights. I put them at 30" so I guess I'll see how they do and gradually lower them until I see signs of stress.

​​​​​
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440ish watts? , (2) Solacure UVB T8s, 440cfm fan
    (5
    ) 5gal DWC res., 5gal DWC LED PC case
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, Rapid Start, GH pH

Current Grow
    Strawberry Cheesecake(seedsman)
    2x Blue Cookies (garden of green)
    Northern Lights (seedsman)
    Blow Dream (victory seeds)
    Glueberry O.G. (dutch passion)
    New York Diesel (expert seeds)
    Bloody Skunk (sweet seeds)

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    I catch my buzz... However I wanna smoke a dozen spliffs of some fire marijuana. Smokin' up the room like we're chillin' in a sauna

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JohnEmad! Definitely better coverage than my MH/HPS that's for sure. Hope I save a little on my utility bill too

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look pretty darn happy to me!!!

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I like them, and your plants seem to also

Yesterday was Day 43 for the girls, Day 24 for the NY Diesel. With the exception of the NYD, every plant is now showing pistils! The Blue Cookies are drinkers, the one further along in bloom, about 2gals in a week. The NYD was topped and tied down for a quadline earlier this week. Other than that, just the normal weekly water change and I gave out a few haircuts the 4 who are just transitioning into bloom.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440ish watts? , (2) Solacure UVB T8s, 440cfm fan
    (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    I catch my buzz... However I wanna smoke a dozen spliffs of some fire marijuana. Smokin' up the room like we're chillin' in a sauna

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good to a non DWC person

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they look awesome, nice and healthy.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      looks great. all around.

Day 50 for the girls and Day 31 for NY Diesel. Another water change and some defol. Starting to get some baby buds on the SC and BC, the SC is smelling nice already. I don't think I mentioned but I added my UVB t8 bulbs to the tent, they turn on for 2 hrs a day. I will increase their on time by 15mins weekly.

Three of the plants had their pH drop down to right about 5.0 when I know it should be right about 6.0. The blue cookies that's flowering, Glueberry OG, and blue dream. The Northern lights had its pH jump to almost 7.0. The NL and BD both showed signs of pH fluctuations in their leaves.
    How can I better understand what is causing the pH to fluctuate? The plants that had the drop in pH are drinking water, the BC about 2gal/wk, the GO and BD about .75gal/wk. The NL drank less than half gal.
    (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow

Comment

Day 57 (38 for NYD), despite having issues trying to understand why my pH is dropping the girls are all looking good. The Blue Cookies and the Strawberry cheesecake are starting to fill in nicely. I have a feeling the tent is going to start getting a little tight over the next few weeks.

I bought another pH meter and calibrated them both last night. They read pretty damn close to one another, not bad for inexpensive meters. The new pH meter is a pH/TDS combo pen, the TDS isn't as precise as the one I've been using but that's ok.
      (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with alltatup I Chased Ph for at least one grow, found out it was more of a CalMag issue.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        The grow looks great. Looks like harvesting will be spread out well.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John, sure looks that way. Autos are a different animal! I'm excited for harvest tho, I bought an HerbsNOW drier and I can't wait to try it out. Really hoping it makes drying a bit more simple. I was happy with the Grove bags I bought, made curing pretty damn easy, almost foolproof in my opinion. Praying for a bountiful harvest

NickyChicks I just wanna say this again to try and make sure there are no misunderstandings between us. It's also important to take into consideration the differences in our water sources.

I don't think it was pH fluctuation per se that caused the leaf markings, but rather the pH being out of range for too long or too often. You know how I was saying that when I change my reservoir, after I've added nutes my pH is at 5.4, so I was taking it up to 6.2-6.3, and I'd come in and check the next morning and it would be around 5.3. So I always catch this quickly and raise the pH up to 6.4-6.5. This has never caused any problems during flowering.

On this last grow I started taking the pH in the newly mixed batch of nutes all the way to 6.5, and the next morning it would be around 5.8 or 5.9, so still within a good range. It would be all the way down the next morning, so I'd take it back up to 6.4. Then the fluctuation would slow down for the rest of the week. It's like I'll worry if there's not any fluctuation; I don't think it's good for pH to sit there all week at 6.2. I like to see it fluctuate.

Perhaps you do need to check twice daily for a while, and see if that helps. The goddess Cannabis can be demanding, but in the end she is always so generous with us.

If you want to grow top shelf bud, do some research: https://www.growweedeasy.com.

Growing since July 21, 2016
      2 BCNL Roommate hydro boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 12: Cookies Gelato, Hulkberry, Royal Gorilla & Triple G by RQS;
      EmDog (Humboldt SO), 2si2 (Barneys), Granddad Purp (Blimburn), Kosher Kush (Reserva Privada)

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        For now I'll keep checking twice daily. Demanding she is!

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        And for me it is the opposite. Always seeing my ph go up. I chase it less these days as I too have sort of figured out how to keep it more stable.

Day 64 (45 for NYD), another water change and some defol. I checked and logged pH twice daily last week. I had to adjust pH in every plant once at some point during the week. However the Blue cookies that's not as far along in flower and the Strawberry cheesecake both had their pH drift right in range all week up until yesterday I had to adjust them up. I'm less worried about it than I was and the plants are doing great.
      ​​​​​​
      Now my biggest concern is that I hope they all finish before the second week of Sept because just like at the end of my first grow, I have family coming to stay. I wish my state would legalize so I wouldn't have to hide my new hobby. Honestly I was hoping to be harvesting at least a couple of the plants by the end of this month... I don't see that happening. Hell, seedsman says the northern lights has a life cycle of approx 70days, yeah right. My NL has pistils but it is definitely the furthest behind in flowering (not including NYD), she is a beast though. Obviously not much I can do besides wait and see, hope for the best.

Hope you enjoy my bud pics as much as I do. Fattening up!
      (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look awesome, and they're going to get so fat at the end of flower: I can see it all over their faces.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        😁 i like big buds and I cannot lie

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Baby got terpenes.

Day 73, just did a water change this morning versus Wednesday night because I'm leaving for vacation after this post. I won't be back until a week from tomorrow and it will be probably close to midnight so they'll probably drink up just about all their water. I have someone checking and adjusting pH as they need it. The blue cookies is looking amazing, so is the strawberry Cheesecake but the BC is a beaut. Can't wait to see all of them when I get back!!
      (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Really nice set of buds your have there!

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        excellent tent full.

Day 82(63 NYD) I had a great vacation, super relaxing and I found out that I will not have family visiting in September which means no time constraints, all the girls will be able to finish. I was worried about having to chop plants that hadn't finished.
      Anyways.... Why the hell is my Northern Lights not flowering? Did I get a photo? A slow flowering auto? She's a big girl and she's had preflowers for weeks but she keeps growing and not budding. My lights are on 20/4 and I don't really want to change them to 12/12 if I don't have to but I'm not sure what else I could do. Any thoughts?
      Other than that, they all were in dire need of a trimming and desperately needed a water change which they got today. I'm really happy with how they all look, I definitely didn't anticipate that I would overfill my tent but it's ok. I think I will be able to harvest the Strawberry Cheesecake and one of the Blue Cookies within the next 2-3 weeks give or take. The majority of the trics on the BC are cloudy but not all and no amber on the buds. The SC is still a lot of clear some cloudy. They are filling out very nicely, it was pretty cool being away for 8 days and seeing the growth
      (5

Current Grow

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice growing again NickyChicks. hard not to crowd the tent when you grow em so well.
        looks like NL is a photo....Always some thing to contend with. other then having another light and grow space I am not sure what to do about that.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John! If my NL is a photo my options are limited because even though I do have another light I don't have a space to grow it. I think my best option would be to flip the to 12/12 when i finish the others or sometime close to harvest. Its just going to take a lot longer to wrap up this grow than I originally planned but since time is of no concern it seems like the most logical route.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X