Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Ah, them gnarly gnats! You're in the right place bud, what are you planning to grow?

I do not use a pH meter(pen) myself, but I had not heard of them having excessive maintenance/care. More that it's worth buying a quality one over a cheap-o.

I had not thought of putting nutrient rich soil as a base layer, are you opposed to using liquid nutrients added to your water? You would have more control on what the plant is receiving at which time.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    About the Ph meters. Never heard what you are describe. Never calibrated mine, never done anything to it for the last 2 years. Than meter my Ph level. I’m doing great,
    as for soil I’m usin standard tomato soil, it’s has the right nutrients for the 3-5 weeks in the start. And also has the right Ph level in the soil for cannabis plants.

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    started a topic SOIL First Grow

First Grow

Hello GWE community,

I am setting up my first grow with much builded anticipation for myself as things have finally aligned. My light and tent are on the way I've aqcuired hotsoil and containers! I think im on track thus far. Id like to set up a grow journal to properly document the entire process. If anyone has any tips as to exactly what info to include, improvements, etc. wonderful im all ears! Id like this to be where I document this information. I hope I am posting this in the "right" place for a grow journal.

Tent size: 32"x32"x63"

Light: 1000w LED Phlizon CREE Cob Light

Container: 3gal. fabric bags

Medium: (need to grab a good soil with no slow release BS, grabbed a bag of that junk by accident) & HOT SOIL in bottom of container filled with quality soil (so I won't need to worry about nutrients ideally)

Tools: sunglasses....anything else...?

I was looking into PH meters and then realized that they actually require a good amount of maintenance and special gels for storing....I was just thinking about buying spring water just for the plant. Hope everyone is staying strong through this pandemic and keeping the immune system up!

.....I also have some diatomatious earth ready for any knats that dare come my way!

Pics to follow

Thank you,
    Macadellic

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X