Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macadellic
    replied
    Then and now...last pic is the most recent. Should I give them another month before switching to flowering?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Unhealthy leaves from early into grow....I haven't seen many signs other than some leaves displaying the claw
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Black Mamba Part 2 - Clone
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Black Mamba Part 1 - Clone
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Critical +
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Amnesia Haze
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    Hey all you frosted flakes,

I've been compiling pictures of the grow and for my first time I think the girls have come along really well. just under 2 months in! So just an update: I water every 2-3 days. 18-6 light cycle. I am using Kind Soil Hot Soil as a 1/3 base in the pots and filled the rest with Fox Farms Happy Frog. I have one clone growing which is the biggest and two plants I started from seed. While I did use a hot soil I did supplement the grow with some Fox farms liquid nutrients every other week for about 3 weeks now. I noticed some weird discoloration on the leaves early on that stopped after the liquid nutrients and I haven't seen any signs since. I was thinking to give them bud producing nutrients when I switch to flower and if the liquid nutrients plus the hot soil are too much Ill just flush them. Thoughts? An insight on the discolored leaves? And finally, as I come up on two months I am wondering if I should wait another month or begin switching to a 12-12 cycle.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied
    So both seeds sprouted! I am keeping clear plastic cups on them for now. I have 3 fabric pots in the grow space and noticed a lot of moisture has started to build up in the tent. I have the lights on 24-0 and im thinking maybe an 18-6 would help. I just opened the top vent to try and help a little. Other than that the plants seem pretty content.

I had to repot the clone in new soil because I accidentally planted it in slow release nutrients soil. I noticed signs of nutrient burn before reporting so its still a little stressed out. Each pot is a base of kind soil and then filled with fox farms happy frog soil.

Thank you for any and all input!

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Macadellic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, when I used KindSoil, I used 1pound , or 7cups of KindSoil per 1gallon of pot size, so if your using 3gallon pots, you want to use 3lbs.,or 21cupfuls of KindSoil on the bottom of your pot, an Coco-Loco in the top half of your pots,
    PH your water between 6.0-7.0, an you'll do fine. Around 6.5 is just right.
    GoodLuck an HappyGrowing

• Macadellic
    replied

Hey all you cool cats and kittens,

First off, thank you for the responses!! I really appreciate the input! I will look into one the cheaper Ph meters now that I know it wont require a bunch of maintenance!

I finally got my grow space set up!

MeestaFeesha:

Id prefer to grow primarily feminized seeds simply for bigger yields per plant.

I have one Black Mamba clone currently in the tent.

I have one Critical +, and one Amnesia Haze currently germinating...and i just ordered a bunch more seeds from seedsman. (A mix of feminized and auto fem)

Its not that I am opposed to liquid nutrients, i actually have the fox farms liquid nutrients but for sake of convenience I bought kind soil hot soil so all I have to do is water.

Has anyone seen coco loco in stores or is it something id need to order. I think i might go with CaptainWiese91 of using tomato soil as the base and kindsoil hot soil as the 1/3 filling on the bottom of the pot as the company suggests.

D.A.A.S.69 are you growing in only hot soil or filling the bottom 1/3 of the pot and filling the rest with another soil?

From what I read online I selected a pretty good chinese light but they fudge the numbers. So from what I read the actual watts coming from the wall is 245w. I have another cheap 75w LED I was considering using as a supplement in the tent later on.

Thanks again all! I know im embarking on a lifelong hobby!

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    What type of hotsoil did you get ?something like KindSoil?
    Coco-Loco works very well over KindSoil, plus it will hold your plants a couple of weeks before your roots get in the hotsoil .
    If it's your first grow I'd suggest a ph,meter for sure, the cheap yellow 20buck ones on Amazon work fine, an are easy to calibrate, if you like growing you might want to get a good one like BlueLabs.
    I grow in living soil, that's hot, an don't use a ph meter any longer, only because I know what my water an teas are from over the years.
    You just don't want to water to runoff, or there goes all your good stuff in your soil, sometimes I use a saucer under my fabric pots to wick the excess back up ,it wicks back up in a matter of minutes, then I remove the sauciers,
    What are the actual watts coming from the wall from your light?
    You got about 7-8 sq. ft, in your tent, an normally you want 40-50watts a sq. ft. to grow decent plants, i hope your light is strong enough.
    If I was you, I'd suggest autos for your first grow, some go from sprout to harvest in 65-80days, with most being ready around day 80 or so, unless they got NLights, in them, then they will take longer ,like 90-100days.
    Anyway good luck, it's a very addictive hobby, that's a hellava lot of fun, plus your finished product is much, much better, than that dogshit, you buy across the tracks.
    HappyGrowing

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X