Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spots on lower leaves

Hey all,

Doing my first grow and have found some damage on the bottom leaves of my plant. Does anyone know what causes these spots?

I ended up removing the few affected leaves, but worried it may spread.

-M

Without seeing the whole plant - not to mention you didn't include hardly any information - I would guess 'leaf miners' - little bugs mining through your leaves - or it could be something else.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Have you checked your pH? What are you growing in? How old is the plant? Photos of the plant would help.

Comment

I would say PH Levels first.. but as canuck says. It’s hard without any information. Looks like it’s missing something, it don’t have access too.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks all!
          ​Was at work and unable to post photos of the plant.

It's being grown in normal potting soil. Idk the seed or strain as it was from the bottom of a half lit lollipop. Germinated in a small jar and transplanted to a larger pot a few weeks ago. It's been about 2 months since germination. I had pretty poor soil for about a month and it stopped growing until it was transplanted to new potting soil, but the last month has been growing like crazy. Comes inside overnight and then outside daily, temp from 60-80 and FULL sun during the day.

Haven't been checking the pH, but could start there. Being in lockdown w/o a lot of supplies has been tough...

Any other thoughts are more than welcome!

-M

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Start with the Ph - but Canuck was right, you have leaf miner also. But I don’t think that is the problem causing your lover yellow leaves. My outside plants have some leaf miner also, but it’s not causing yellow leaves

Tested pH using distilled water soil mix and strips... Was at 7 maybe a little higher (hard to tell)

Today the leaves at the top are much yellower and it looks like a sulfer problem. I'm going to add a bit of lemon juice and Epson salt in the water this evening.

Going to start applying a NPK 20-20-20 when It gets delivered later this week!

-M

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd check for bugs.

• gbauto
            gbauto commented
            Editing a comment
            Having new growth appear a lighter shade is normal.
            Don't chase your tail.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X