Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph

Hey again guys, just a question on pH.
    so Im using mostly bio bizz products, all mix soil and just recently some biobizz grow nutes and some cal mag from another company. I'm using bottled water here, canary islands tap water is shit, and bottle water I'd cheap in bulk, it says the water is ph7.
    The solution with nutrients added is between 6 and 7, I mix it by hand for each plant. And I'm using the drops and colour chart to test ph. Still waiting on my digital tester to arrive. So if notices on the past 2 waterings that the run off ph on some is as low as 4 and other up to 8. Iv researched so much, and everyone says not to worry as its organic and will buffer itself out. But I want to be safe, I bought some biobizz ph+ but haven't used it yet, should I give it a go on the next waterings for the ones that are really low in ph? I'm not as concerned about the high ph at the moment as it's only about 1 to 1.5 out but the lower ones are way off! Any advice?

The most consistent experience I've heard would be to just make sure that the pH going into the soil is about 6.5.
    After that, the soil will buffer the solution as it's absorbed so the runoff pH is irrelevant.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what I do. 6,5-6,0 - I always change the PH every bottle. Sometimes 6,2 next time maybe 6,4 and so on. But honestly I never check the runoff. I’m doing fine

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. As long as you keep putting nutrient solution in with the right ph reading runoff is not relevant unless the plant is having issues. Usually very low ph means too much organic activity going on (compost) in the soil and the solution is to flush to try to remove some of those hot compost juices that can burn roots

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Disagreed. Pine tree needles in soil can affect root zone PH (for one example). You can add 6.5 all day, but the root zone will be in lock out. The run off gives a good indication about where the root zone is at no matter what is going on with the medium.

So after my last feeding iv noticed some problems... not sure if it was related to the ph or not, should I just flush ones that are showing these problems? I sprayed them with milk solution, if u see any white that's what it is
    Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      How many times did you feed with nutes? Try just water feeding the next couple of times, if it’s progressing then flush. You will flush everything out if you do it. And if you don’t know what is the problem, then you don’t know what “not” to give next. I always say - flush is the last solution ..
      what is “milk solution” ??

Ok cool, I'll just give them some water next time, if only given them nutes twice but they were in bio bizz all mix for 2 weeks before I give them an nutes.
    an 60% water 40% milk in a spray bottle helps prevent and cure mild mildew on plants apparently so I was giving it a go as I had some white powder on some of my leaves

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it - if it’s not working make the flush.

I just using neem oil when I had WPM - never heard of that way - you learn every day🙏🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X