Off to a sad start....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to a sad start....

OG Kush autoflower from Nirvana. Using HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED. I moved the light higher because I was afraid the leaves were already bleaching/yellow. Humidity in the tent about 40% and the temp 78-80 degrees.

It seems I can never just get a green healthy vibrant plant going from start to finish

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9252.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	402074

What type of soil are you using? Look pretty wet the soil. Is it in a small cup or something?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Randy2310
      Randy2310 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's just a jiffy pellet / starter pod inside the jiffy greenhouse. Got it from Home Depot awhile back, I've used it before with better success but I haven't grown in some time plus the tent is new to me

What is the PH level in the soil? Looks for me it’s drowning maybe? No air to the small tap-root it made.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2310 View Post
      OG Kush autoflower from Nirvana. Using HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED. I moved the light higher because I was afraid the leaves were already bleaching/yellow. Humidity in the tent about 40% and the temp 78-80 degrees.

It seems I can never just get a green healthy vibrant plant going from start to finish

Name:	IMG_9252.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	402074
      you can still save her

extract wash roots in air temp water
      replant in clean mix this time add 50% perlite

good luck

ps no nutes for 3 weeks imo

Comment

I'm new to growing but it looks like theres alot of water in there, how often are you feeding? Did you take this pic right after? I'd let her dry out abit soil should only feel moist. Good luck

Comment

I moved her to a #3 jiffy pot with plain potting soil mixed with some perlite. I don't think it's 50%. I'll gently water it later this evening

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't drown it again.

Originally posted by Randy2310 View Post
          I moved her to a #3 jiffy pot with plain potting soil mixed with some perlite. I don't think it's 50%. I'll gently water it later this evening
          yeah ok ...understand tho jiffies are made of peat that do hold water hence hold that nute

I hope I'm wrong but we'll see lol

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by vostok View Post

yeah ok ...understand tho jiffies are made of peat that do hold water hence hold that nute

I hope I'm wrong but we'll see lol

good luck
            Thank you.

When I transplanted, the original jiffy pellet all but came away so it's directly in the new potting soil. I'll check on it later tonight

Comment

• quietlybinary
              quietlybinary commented
              Editing a comment
              How close were your lights to start with?

I don't think it took long to stretch a bit out of the dirt. Lowered the light a bit

Name:	IMG_9257.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	742.3 KB
ID:	402365

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have more seeds in stock ? You wrote it was an auto correct ? -

• Randy2310
              Randy2310 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes and yes

Start a new one. As soon you sprout an auto, the clock is tikking. All the errors all the days not growing is days waste on the buds in the end. Been growing 50 autos before I even started on photos strains

Comment

I'll still start a new one. I've had troubled autos before that recovered and still had decent bud in the end. This is the 1st time I have room for 2 plants. These are older seeds and I have a fresh batch en route from Nirvana.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                trouble at the seedling stage is not the end of the world for an auto. You can bring it back and still get a good harvest. It may simply delay the time from start to finish.

Well it depends what goals you are aiming for - But I would start I new one mate 👍🏻 Don’t know nirvanas seeds - always using RQS. But I wish you luck on this on for sure 🙏🏻 And nice you have room for one more, then you can see what happens to this one🙏🏻

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm excited to try multiple plants. I already have a taproot out of the new seed and it's going right into the potting soil.
                Are rapid rooters also peat? Or is the jiffy OK to use with less water?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never used any one them mate. I plant directly in my final 40L pot. Both autos and photos. Then I don’t need to transplant and shock them. I just water the first many weeks with a mister.

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You had problems with what you just used - why use it again?
                  I'm with the Captain - always have and always will plant my germinated seed in its final pot.

I'm not using the jiffy again on the new seed. I was posing the question if jiffy pods (peat) are the same as rapid rooters

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Use the same soil in the start as you will use later on mate. You don’t need rapid boosters. If you want to start en smaller cups it’s no problem, but just use a proper soil👍🏻

• homegrown
                  homegrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  have to agree with Canuck and Captain, because i'v tried all 3..jiffy pods,rapid rooters and peat pots(just adds more work). Decide on a grow medium and start your sprouts in that. I like Canucks idea of starting in final pot but im limited for space..so i just start in solo's with same final grow mix and transplant when ready.

sorry to say this, Randy2310, but it looks like it's growing in mud. that's never gonna work

Comment

• duckman
                  duckman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  looks like I'm a bit late to the party, Randy2310, with my 2 cents, sorry about that but you've got some good advice in this thread, good luck!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X