F**k humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F**k humidity

Hey all just out of curiosity how many of you have said fuck you humidity and just given up on trying to add moisture to your air? I'm getting to the point where the dry Alberta air is going to win I have a humidifier in my tent well actually 2 but one is really small not even sure why i bother with it anyways I'm having a bitch of a time getting temps down and rh up. I have three four inch fans exhausting and two four inch for fresh but still cant get the temp below 27-29 c and the humidity above 35-40 my tent is a 5x5 and I have about 5600 watts of LED' lighting in there which is overkill im sure. Any suggestions or how have you made out saying fuck you humidity.

We have low humidity where I live in Western Colorado and I struggle to keep the humidity up as well. I've been using an evaporative cooler in my garage to try to keep the humidity up above 40% (outside it's under 20%). I also have a bucket of water with a towel halfway in and the other half hanging in an empty bucket. As the water passes from bucket to bucket, there is a small bit of evaporation which will boost humidity a small amount. You can also try drying wet towels in the tent or adding some extra plants (just some common house plants) to also try to boost it. Short of that, you may need a bigger humidifier or a combo of the methods. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it can be.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

I was having tons of trouble with my humidity as well. It takes a lot of space, but this humidifier is amazing: Honeywell Cool Moisture Console... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G0LDRI. Something else that worked well for me was to get an adjustable speed fan, and set it to low speed, though I’ve also been using a space heater since my grow tent is in my basement and it’s around 65 when the rest of the house is 74. I have my speed at 4/10, keep that humidifier at 1/3 and only have to refill it every 3 days.
      4x2x6 grow tent
      Qb288v2 clone light
      DWC in 5 gallon bucket
      GH Trio, Hydroguard
      Cloudline T6 Exhaust, S6 Intake
      Sensorpush temperature and humidity metrics

Comment

Also, fun fact, the more humidity you pump in, the lower the temperature as the humidifier acts as a natural air conditioner. I had to play around a lot with my space heater, humidifier and air speeds to get it stable. If you check my grow journal, I used to post screenshots of the temp and humidity ranges.
        4x2x6 grow tent
        Qb288v2 clone light
        DWC in 5 gallon bucket
        GH Trio, Hydroguard
        Cloudline T6 Exhaust, S6 Intake
        Sensorpush temperature and humidity metrics

Comment

I don't worry about it. I'm in Colorado as well and I'm not really sure how the humidity is here. My tent is usually about 80° F and I usually keep the tent flaps open when the lights are on anyway so it's really kind of pointless for me to try for a certain humidity. I have all my windows open too so I'm sure my humidity is pretty close to what it is naturally outside.

Comment

• ellz
            ellz commented
            Editing a comment
            Near Grand Junction.

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too, I live in Craig. We really are neighbors lol

• ellz
            ellz commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow, you're not far at all. About 3 hours.

🖐 Me!!
          I have 2 humidifiers gatherin dust in the kitchen corner. Last Nov/Dec humidity was around 25 daytime & the lowest was 11% No ill affects. We're at about 45% these days

Comment

Oh yeah and 4” exhaust fan didn’t work for me either. I loved to the 6” nebula recommends. No more issues. But then again it’s Cali when is it not hot.

Comment

In the South East we say F**K humidity for other reasons. I’m currently running a dehumidifier with the exhaust fan on 10 trying to keep it in check but it still occasionally goes above 50%

Comment

My humidity hangs around 25% most of the time. It has no ill effect. I don't pay too much attention to it. It works great for me during flowering. You want to keep the RH down during that time anyway.

Comment

I would imagine if you don't get new air in the grow tent, just circulate the air inside while having a humidifier, should increase the humidity, no?

Comment

• Willyd
                    Willyd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    so I thought about what you said and gave it a shot I removed two of the vent fans and closed the vents and used them to circulate and instantly my humidity is climbing

I'm running 4 auto pots in a 3x3 tent. If I can keep the RH around 60% I'm happy. Don't want to see sweating leaves and WPM. My tent exhausts into the grow room. The grow room temp and a dehumidifier helps me keep things in check. But it's a constant issue.
                  Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                  Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                  Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

thank you guys I think im going to smash my humidifier and see how it goes it should hold at at least 35% im hoping right now the outdoor rh is 15% but that will double in the summer stupid dry prairies

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X