Seeds from plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds from plants

hey guys...I was wondering, when you get the occasional seed from your harvested plants, are these seeds able to be germinated straight away?...cause I tried doing that a few times and they didnt germinate!??...is there a process to follow before the new seed is ready to be germinated?...cheers...

Provided they are good seeds, you should be able to germinate right away. Sometimes even if they look good you can get bad seeds too, unfortunately. How are you germinating?

Comment

someone told me you need to leave them in the dark for a few weeks before they can be germinated...not sure how reliable that info is...i just germinate using damp cotton wool and put them in the hot water cupboard for 3 days...this method has been very reliable for many years for me...

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they don't have to be left in the dark before germination. They say it's best to leave them in a cool, dark place for long term storage. I have mine in ziplock bags on a shelf in my grow room, some I've had for years and they still grow fine.

If the seeds are a good colour, nice and hard, they should grow right out of the fresh bud!
      The outside chance of genetically manipulated plants is low, but if such a plant were crossed with a regular plant (male or female pollen) the seed would not be good. But no one admits doing genetic manipulations.

Comment

I pop them out of buds of still growing plants and grow them sometimes. You don't need to wait, this is a mother-daughter duo growing together. I popped the seed out a couple of weeks before harvest and it germinated and grew just as fast as any other.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Mother Daughter shot.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	808.4 KB
ID:	401598

Comment

hey thanks for the advice guys...much appreciated!...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck Geno333 i'm trying to germinate a bag seed of unknown strain. They need some heat and humidity for sure and then sometimes they just don't sprout??? Mine is 36hr into germination nothing yet, sometimes it can take 3-4days or more.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X