Regular v blackstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular v blackstrap

Can regular molasses be substituted for blackstrap? Why? Non sulfured, of course.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Blackstrap molasses is the most bitter of all varieties, while unsulphured molasses is sweeter. Here's the difference between the types, and how to use them.

honestly, I never knew the difference but this kinda explains it... I do understand it is used as a source of simple sugar and carbohydrates so I might think, un-sulphured is the most important part

Comment

As long as it is unsulphured. I use Brare Rabbit myself.

Comment

My question would be "why unsulfured"? (Not that I even see sulfured on the store shelf)
        Our girls need and use sulfur, I add it to my soil every build, plants deficient in sulfur will turn yellow from the veins out into the leaf. Also products such as terpenator(SP) are sulfur and potash. Ok I realize the sulfur could cause a drop in PH, but other than that why unsulfured?

Comment

Rwise Ok, I'll give it a try. All molasses has sulphur. sulphered mo.has sulpher dixoide that kills good bacteria. Unsulphured has sugar that soil turns to carbohydrate that feeds the bacteria. Fat and happy bacteria fart CO2 which strangely enough makes pot plants very happy. I go with 1 tblsp,per gal. on water only day during veg. and bump it up to 2 or 3 during flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X