Just had my grow rubbled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my grow rubbled

Ok so I’ve been growing in a tent in a closet in my bedroom. My house is semi detached and the bedroom is on the attached wall. The neighbour came around today to tell me she can small weed coming through a vent they have on that wall and she has 2 young kids with asthma in the house! (Now I’ve not had no obvious smells in my bedroom) Of course I denied knowing anything about it and I said I’d check it out. I dismantled my tent and brought it out to the shed but without having organised a area in there to do it I’ve just had to leave the setting up till tomorrow. Now the issue is I’d say I’m approx 2 weeks from harvest....this couldn’t have come at a worse time as I have another 5 week old plant and one just about to be put in soil.....

If you're only 2wks out you could take her down- might be more heady than you wanted but it would solve one problem.
    You could also set an alarm to remind yerself to cover/uncover her with a blanket or something on the 12s.

Comment

What do you mean take her down?
      and I dunno how a blanket would work either? Sorry I’m a relative newbie to this....

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        No apology needed- I'm still wet behind the ears too. Take her down.... Timber lol.
        If you can put a frame or box of some sort that you can drape with a blanket to keep the light out you could theoretically keep them all together & still maintain her 12hr schedule.

• Ailbhe
        Ailbhe commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not so sure she’s anywhere near ready yet......and yes I do keep the first 2 together as I use a few lights at diff heights and cos their autos keep them all at the same light schedule

And I’m guesstimating with 2 weeks....lots of my upper pistols have turned brown and curling in the lower ones are still white

Comment

Could you rent a studio? Move it to a friend's house, etc?
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I’ve put it all in my shed although she isn’t in the tent!!!! I’ll have to do abut of diy to get her in a secure situation before I can put her back in the tent....so not what I needed right now, it was going so smoothly.....

Comment

Are you in a legal recreational state? Is your grow legal? How’s your ventilation system for your tent? Do the sides of your tent pull in slightly? Is it exhausted outside? Are you running a carbon filter? I have asthma myself from years of smoking cigarettes but the smell of my grows has zero effect on my asthma. Smoking weed doesn’t help my condition so I try to limit that on a daily basis but smelling those fresh buds doesn’t aggravate me one bit. 1st and 2nd hand smoke is no good for asthma sufferers but unless your a breeder chucking pollen into shared airspace, chances are that your grow isn’t causing her children any harm.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Ailbhe
              Ailbhe commented
              Editing a comment
              I live in Ireland so no not a legal state. And yes I don’t doubt that the smell won’t affect her kids but it is not a issue I wanna test, don’t need people coming to my door or speculating about my personal persuasions....which is why I moved my girl to a diff location....it is also not a ideal location but I might be able to fix it to being a ok one

• Obi-Wan
              Obi-Wan commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok so you need stealth and your neighbor can smell it, I get it. I’m going to go back to my other questions about ventilation. Do you have a proper ventilation setup with a carbon filter to scrub the smell? If so, is your ventilation sufficiently creating negative air pressure in your tent to pull the sides in slightly? This is the only tried and true way to eliminate the smell of flowering cannabis. I can appreciate your efforts to move your setup to a shed but I can tell you from personal experience that I can smell my grow 100 yards away when my carbon filter fails. Moving your setup is like putting duct tape on a leaky gas pipe, it might work at first but do you really want to trust that?

• Ailbhe
              Ailbhe commented
              Editing a comment
              No I don’t have any ventilation I’m starting my setup from scratch with limited funds and one plant flowering atm (which I thought from reading shouldn’t be a obvious problem)

Could be the smell of you smoking a fat joint that they can smell not necessarily your plants

Comment

• Ailbhe
              Ailbhe commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately I’m not smoking anything, I’m waiting patiently.....lol

You have a whole family to think of behind this harvest. Cut them and cure them {I kinda like that heady buzz JDU was talking about} (where were you gonna do that without the smell being noticed?) then get a more discreet situation for your tent (shed?) so the 5 week old can have a home!

Comment

• Ailbhe
              Ailbhe commented
              Editing a comment
              But with the pistils not all turned brown and curling in won’t that be too earlier, most of the trics are still clear also...
              My shed is actually a proper bricks and mortar building, it’s the real deal I just need to secure a safe space in it as I am the main user but I have other house hold members that occasionally venture in

If it smells now and your early into flower...shes just gonna get stinkier. You should really invest in a GOOD fan/charcoal filter system..you need stealth, and it will help immensely...to the point where you might be able to bring it back into your house and not have to worry about others going in and out of your shed.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Ailbhe
              Ailbhe commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you any recommendations for a filtration system?

I have a 6"fusion breath fan rated at 460cfm and an oversize 24" carbon filter rated for 530cfm. As long as my tent is closed up, there is no odour.(even with 4-5 plants in flower) Be sure to get a filter with a higher cfm rating than the fan..that way it wont overload the filter. I'm in the same room as my tent now and cant smell um!
            Canna Coco/perlite
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

heres the monster that i use
              Canna Coco/perlite
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

I say you leave it in the shed and get a light on it - tell people you were self-isolating in the shed and they should stay out of it until you thoroughly sterilize it.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

For sure carbon filter is your answer a big one. Overkill because I’m sure the smell isn’t hurting anyone but adults with kids exaggerate specially if they don’t like weed. Best thing you can do is get a carbon filter.

Comment

Yes I think I’m definitely gonna have to get a carbon filter if I wanna continue thanks for all the advice

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X