• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New growth Yellow Tips

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG
Views:	1837
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	400534Hi Guys,Im new here and ive been having quite a bit of trouble with a few different plants,but the one plant im the most concerned about is starting to get yellow/Burned tips on only the newer small growth ,It would be greatly appreciated if someone could shed some light on whats happening and how i can fix it .
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vara91; 05-01-2020, 07:23 PM.

Welcome vara91 91 Without pics I would guess the lights are too close or too much fertilizer.

Comment

• vara91
      vara91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya I’ve been trying to upload photos but it won’t let me ,it’s saying it can’t resize my photos

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to open my camera & settings then choose the smaller sized pixel. They load great now.

Ok Ill try that than thank you , hopefully i can get some pictures for you!!

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      We like pics round here!

ya i figured id would have needed pictures but still cant figure it out

Comment

Are the leaves curling up like a taco?

Comment

• vara91
        vara91 commented
        Editing a comment
        The new growth at the top is a little bit yes but not yellow only the bottom new growth is yellowing at the tip and the older larger fan leaves serrations are a little bit wonky

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I would raise the light a few inches.

Picture suggestions, try cropping them (make them square) or turn your phone sideways. Both ways work for me just fine. Like JDU said, without pictures it's hard to tell. My first thought without too many details is nutrient burn. Are you feeding nutrients? What strength are you feeding at? Soil, Coco, or hydro? PH levels? All that would be helpful for us to know.

Comment

• vara91
        vara91 commented
        Editing a comment
        i just posted some pictures for you guys , but since i had to crop them they have gotten a little blurry

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        They didn't load

• vara91
        vara91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using coco and im using gaia green 4-4-4 dry ammendments and i am ph my water between 6 and 6.5 and the runoff was 6.7

Name:	IMG_1113.JPG
Views:	1507
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	400537

Comment

Name:	IMG_1112.JPG
Views:	1660
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	400539

Comment

Originally posted by JDU View Post
          I would raise the light a few inches.
          They are sitting at 22 inches and the recommended height is 16 for these lights

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            & they aren't curled like a taco so don't raise your lights lol. I think they look pretty good. A tiny bit of nute burn maybe but I've seen worse.

Name:	IMG_1116.JPG
Views:	1639
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	400543

Comment

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            this is my other plant ,with the exact same problem and same feeding and PH

Hi vara91 what size pot are you using how many scoops of 444 did you use per gallon how much and how frequent do you water and what type of light do you have...this stuff from Gaia is good but if not calculated proper will take you to either ends of the nute spectrum..toxic or deficiency.

Comment

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            i used 3 scoops per gallon of medium and i am in 1.5 gallon pots right now , and i water when the pot is at half is weight of freshly watered, also i am using migro lights and each light is 100 watts

The tips do look like the start of nute burn ..maybe you should leave the light at the height it's at now and water when the pot gets light..what's the RH in your grow room .

Comment

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            it fluxuates between 45 and 55 and no need to flush ?? or it will gradually get better when watered

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            and also i thought nute burn would show up everywhere not only new growth at the bottom thats why i am so confused

Yes it will ..keeping the lights further away for a few days then lower them a bit at a time.. I had the same problem ..I changed my mix up a bit. If you water to much and give more light it will eventually spread.. how frequently do you water to waste or is it just a few drops how..how far apart are your watering dates is it schedule or do you water when the plant needs watering.
          Last edited by Greengringo; 05-01-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            watering is usually 2 days apart and i water until there is runoff but yes mainly watering when needed

Did you use the same batch for both plants.

Comment

• vara91
            vara91 commented
            Editing a comment
            same batch for both plants yes , and i also have another plant that i used the same batch for thats having problems as well but it looks way different ... and im growing ethos candy store R1 both of them have the same problem and im growing a dinafem dinamed cbd plus and its having issues too

Also what strain are you growing

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X