Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grow Journal - Second Indoor Grow: 600W HPS/MH, strain TBD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ellz
    replied
    Here's what you missed since the last update:

On Friday of last week, I topped off the reservoir with HydroGuarded water pH'ed to 5.72.

Yesterday I did my reservoir change and repeated week 9 since I think the buds still need to go a bit more. I set the pH at 5.95 for the refill.

The fire is still there but it doesn't appear to be a threat to us any longer, YAY!

Until next time, happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    An update I didn't want to make...

We have a major wildfire 10 miles away. The entire area is completely innundated with ash and smoke. Not sure how this will affect the plants but I'm doing my best to reduce incoming air. The only issue is the high temperature for the next several days is forecast to be over 100ºF! Humidity is in the teens or lower so I'm running my humidifier full power while the light is on and supplementing with my swamp cooler for short periods of time. Hoping I can at least harvest before 2020 kills us all (not really but damn 2020)!!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    So here's what you missed since my last update...

One of my colas on the OG Kush plant broke so I cut it off and let it dry.

I did my nutrient change on Monday evening. Went with week 9's formula with a pH of around 5.86.

There are a number of wildfires burning near my location and the air quality is very bad. There is smoke everywhere and ash raining down.

Daytime highs will be over 100ºF every day with humidity levels in the teens and no chance of rain.

Until next time, happy growing.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good eliz i like the " fat head" those are going to be beautiful colas

• ellz
    replied
    Today I topped off the reservoir with 5 gallons of water with HydroGuard pH'ed to 5.88

The girls are in their final days now. Hoping to see them fill in over the next week or so. I plan on repeating week 8's nutrient formula on my next flush this Saturday. I will probably set the pH a bit lower than normal and see how the plants respond. I'm thinking somewhere around 5.6 pH.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    As far as that weird stalk, there are now two of them on the Peyote Cookies plant!

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Today is nutrient flush day and I will be refilling it with week 8's formula (it's basically a copy of week 7) and will continue with week 8 until the buds are better formed. Once they are, I will be continuing with the regular schedule starting at week 9. I am guessing I have about another 4-5 weeks of growing before they will be close to ready for harvest. Just a guess. We'll see soon! I'm hoping they will be dried and cured by my birthday in October. That seems like it's possible still. As for the pH this time, I went with 5.97 in one 5 gallon jug and 6.12 in the other. This should even out to around 6.05 pH once it's in the reservoir. I may try to lower it some after a day or so but I'm not sure. I'd like to have it around 5.75 part of the time so that some of the elements on the lower side of the scale can be better absorbed.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Quick update from this week:
    On Wednesday, I topped of my reservoir off with 5 gallons of water (which is about how much it had gone through since my flush Saturday) with HydroGuard pHed to 5.85 since I'm sure my pH in the reservoir is high after a few days of feeding. I also had to tie some of the stalks to anchor points because they were sagging but after a couple of days being supported in good light, they are doing better. I'm on week 7's nutrient schedule again (swapped back from week 9's my last feeding to help build up the buds some more) so I am planning on swapping to week 8's formula when I do my flush on Saturday and I may repeat it depending on where my girls are at that time. Until next time, happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I've had wide paintbrush looking top center colas it's very neat to see i hope you get one also.

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal It's like it got to a certain height and said, "Okay, time to grow wide now!"

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Polypoid multihead ?

• ellz
    replied
    The top of my weird stalk on the Peyote Cookies plant is really interesting...

Click image for larger version

Name:	stalk top flowering 01.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	433210

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Bad news...
    While editing together today's time lapse video, I noticed my light randomly kicked on for about a minute part of the way through my dark hours. I have absolutely no clue why it would do that since it's on a timer and set to be off. It's a mechanical timer so maybe a tab is not seated properly.

I checked the timer and one of the tabs wasn't all the way up (it was just barely protruding) so I pressed it in place.

The light came on for less than a minute about 2 hours after it went off so basically my girls got 10 hours of dark in a row, not 12.
    Last edited by ellz; 07-30-2020, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    That is a very odd stalk ellz very interesting morph? They are looking really dark green? I'm still training one photo in the tent and getting her a tad bigger before 12/12 switch but yes i will be needing to run my lights nearly same times as you. Very warm evenings here don't look forward to closing up the tent at all and we may have to have heat/cooling pump run.

• ellz
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SoOrbudgal!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X