No announcement yet.

My 1st Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I never intended to keep them in the 1-gal pots, but reading your comment "never transplant an autoflower" got me more than a little worried. I've raised a few dozen AF's without transplanting (except from seedling to 3-gal pots where they stayed), but this time I planned on moving them outside soon, so I started in the smaller pots... Unfortunately, the weather's been too cold. Now I'm stuck.

What's happened when you've transplanted AF's?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Autoflower as soon as you sprout the seed. The clock is ticking. Want experience is I’m not getting the yield I wanted because of the shock and the days it’s not growing. I grew 50 autos before even started on photos. But that is my experience. So I always start mine in 40L pots/ 7,9 gallon. And use a spray bottle the first 4-6 weeks actually. I hope you take a good decision on this on mate 👍🏻

@JohnEmad I noticed you posting about getting good yields in small containers. Ever done auto's in a 1-gal fabric pot? I'm trying to decide whether to re-pot or not at about 6 weeks-- they're already in flower.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Mountainhigh,
      I raised 3 auto's in solocups as a fun challenge. They need more care then plants in larger containers but I did get decent yields.
      I see people getting 1 to 2 ounces regularly in 1 gallon pots on other grow sites I have visited.
      However I usually grow my Autos in 15L pots and see yields from a couple ounces to 6 oz per plant. Larger is better in my opinion to a point.
      If they are just going into flower try to gently transplant one plant perhaps as suggested above but leave the others. If you give them the right environment and food they can give you a decent harvest.
      Normally at between 2-3 weeks my autos are in their final home and I have not transplanted.
      Wish I could be of more help but thats the limit of my experience.
      Gl on the rest of the grow.

Thanks guys.... now, back to my girls. I'll try to let you know how things turn out.

Comment

Just a thought, what if you get say a 3 gallon or bigger pot and just cut the bottom of your 1 gallon pot then sit it inside a bigger pot and let the roots grow into the new soil? Would that be a good idea sounds reasonable to me. Then maybe no shock or anything?.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on it already have root bounded. If not, it should not be a problem. I did that with my outdoor plants in the early days, when they was in the ground. Starter them in a pot inside and then in a big hole outside - basically the same method

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Roots grow out just as much as they do down. I'd think you'd foul em if you did that.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not my experience. But again I’m not a plant doctor

@Cali Great idea! I'll do it that way. If I'm careful, there probably will be little or no shock to the plants. (Those pots are cheap, anyway...)

Comment

@Cali @JDU @CaptainWiese91 @JohnEmad Well, I did it... Cut the bottoms out of both 1-gal cloth pots, then set them in about 1/3-full-of-soil 3-gal pots before cutting off the sides. Just peeled off the cloth after the cut-- the insides didn't collapse since I'd allowed them to dry out a bit. Then I back-filled between the new pot and the old dirt. (All soil, both old and new, was Roots Organic mixed 5:1 with worm compost and a little DTE Bio-Live. I mixed the soil and wetted it 24 hours before the transplant, adding Bonide Root and Grow during the tp by spraying the dirt immediately before and then watering a little with it afterwards...)

I haven't noticed any shock at all. Since I didn't measure the plants, though, I have no way to know for sure if they've grown since-- but they sure look happy.

My biggest question is: Why does one look so much like a sativa while the other's like an indica? I understand phenotypes, but these two are really different... They're both supposedly Amnesia Auto-Fems by Canuk Seeds, the house brand sold by True North in Canada. (The pheno's from other strains of theirs have been a little bizarre in the past, too-- one auto even turned out to be a photo. Hmmmm...)
        Last edited by Mountainhigh; 05-12-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job ! Fucking good job!
          Remember autos have rudaralis also in it- and most amnesias are not 100% sativas - so you will have phenotypes like the way you do.
          I have 5 sweet skunk auto right now they don’t look all the same

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally I’m not brave enough to attempt a transplant once flowering has begun but if I ever find myself in a pinch and believe it’s absolutely needed this will definitely be the way I’ll do it.Fucking A genius idea! In theory there should be no stunting. Hopefully the plant will just be like ‘finally, I can stretch my damn legs again’ and take off

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Precise bboy😎👍🏻 It’s very cool done for sure !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X