My 1st Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st Autos

I gotta wonder if I'm doin somethin wrong here- the larger of these 2 popped on the 17th & the 2nd on the 26th. 12 days old & if they start flowerin around day 20..... I wonder if I'm lookin at any more than 1/8 oz harvest.....

Any words of comfort or encouragement or if I messed up- advice for nxt time?

On the positive side, you're not shorting them on perlite. You might have gotten unlucky and got two runts.
    Also on the positive side, there's little danger of them growing into the lights.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha Yep always find the good! Thanks for the reminder

I’m finishing up my first auto grow and that’s about how all of mine looked 2wks in. They start to take off around week 3 and as soon as they started growing they immediately started flowering. The ones that I bent over will probably yield close to a oz each but the ones I let grow natural are looking closer to a 1/2 if that. I’m growing C4, Fastberry and Glueberry. The C4 and Fastberry are about done, today was week 8. The Glueberry probably has another 3-4wks so I wish I’d topped them but next time I’ll know.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Good to know thanks

They should be old enough to handle some light so I put em in the veg tent today.

Comment

Well I'll be!! I most definitely left em under the bulbs too long. They exploded in veg!! What's it been? 8hrs?? They've pert near doubled!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning JDU I got my autos under 24hr light on 3 right now 24" from canopy. There 4wks no flower yet but lush and full I've had to remove extra lg. fan leaf. I LST them but did not top these got them in tall folgers empty coffee containers LOL and they love it. Any how I just took down the OG Kush leaving the GSC to go abit longer. Yep hollow stems on some parts but green on others. I gave this kush and extra 10days past flowering date and she wasn't doing nothin more so gave her a wacko LOL

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        They love the light I just have not gotten another timer for my second tent so leaving them in 24hrs. Still too cool during days on the porch to just manually turn it off so that's what autos are good for nothing less than 18hrs on. I also did the outdoor transplants into permanent lg. pots.

JDU here's a few autos I have on 24hr light they are 5wks old from seed just LST main cola nothing else.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Are those the ones FunkyButtLovin sent us?

• quietlybinary
        quietlybinary commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Cool Folgers containers too! Will that be their final home?

Yes to both JDU and quietlybinary just alittle experiment seeing how fast and how well I could do in small container. I had lots going on in the solo cup could not participate in that. And since no more recycling of our plastic ( man that just kills me putting in the dump/landfills ) decided to use them as 1 gal but they are a tad bigger than 1 gal. I was out of those anyway my photo clones were all in them.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• quietlybinary
        quietlybinary commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow great size I did not realize those containers are that small. Great job keeping plastic in use and out of the dump!

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        You know that small containers can have good yields. Fresh brewed cannabis. I'll have a big mug too. lol.

Mine where very slow started aswell, looked real sad for the first weeks but once transplanted to 3gals (I waited until they got 3 nodes) and under a proper light they grew fast and exploded into 2-3 feet in a month, and started to flower and got even bigger. Got some dated pics in my log I think
      Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Does everyone keep them under 24hr? They started under a Walmart LED "grow light" bulb on 24. Now in the veg tent under real lighting. the tent has been on 6hrs sleep- tonight they git 4. They're supposed to go outside after Mother's Day but idk if they're gonna be ready.

I kinda feel like I bought the hogs but ain't got a pen....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes JDU only reason I didn't do 18/6 on the 3 autos is cause they are outdoors on a porch and the lights help heat the tent alittle above 70 during night and heats to 80 during day and I just open flaps for a breeze. I can't do less light time without using a heater and I won't do that.

• swegrow
          swegrow commented
          Editing a comment
          20/4 has worked really well for me.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          I do 20/4 with good results.

This was the runt of my bunch and turned out to be the coolest looking. It was so small I was afraid to do much to it so I just kind of bent it over a little but that was it. It turned out to be a 9” bud on the main with 4 4” buds around it and they’re all purple. The plants only 10” total lol I guess for a 10wk grow (most likely) that’s not too bad
        Attached Files

Comment

I been growing lots of autos. Never transplant an auto bro. Always start in the final pot/container. The clock is ticking as soon you sprout the seeds.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

@CaptainWiese91 I've got a couple of flowering Amnesia AF's in 1-gallon fabric pots; one is about 8" wide by 7" tall, the other 8"wide by 13" tall, started at the same time, around March 30. Transplanting isn't good, but neither is a root-bound plant... Would you finish them where they are or transplant to a 3-gallon?
            Last edited by Mountainhigh; 05-08-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Mountainhigh I’m from Europe, so after my math. 1 gallon is 3,7 liter. 3 gallon must then be 11,1. 1 gallon is too little. It’s not much. How old are they ? I have some northern lights in 9 liters pots, they are doing fine, because of the small life span autos have. But 1 gallon =3,7 liter is to little my friend.
              This scenario I think you need to transplant. But how old are they ? Starter flower yet ?
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

They're flowering. Germ'd about April 1.

Comment

Shit man.. it’s totally up to you. Maybe transplant one, and see how it goes with yield. And keep one in the small pot for comparison?? I honestly think this one is a hard question. But I know 1 gallon I too small bro 👍🏻

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X