Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Seedlings Sunroom

Hello

I have a couple germinated seeds that I plan to plant in 1-2 days. I normally grow outdoors, but due to cold weather (and getting too eager to start my grow) I will have to keep the seedlings indoors for a while. Considering I will not be able to bring them outside fully for at least 4 weeks but possibly 6-8 weeks, what is my best option in the meantime?

I have a sunroom with east, south, and west facing windows that gets a lot of sunlight and stays warm on sunny days (even if it is around 40f outside), and I am thinking to keep my seedlings in here until it is warm enough outside. Would this be a workable solution, and is it possible to supplement the sunroom’s natural light with a regular household LED 60W bulb(s)? Would this even help at all?

Thank you

I would put it in the sun room and call it a day. I'd do a full grow in there if I had one. Benefits of outside but easier pest control.

Comment

Thank you, I will plan on keeping them in the sunroom as long as possible. The south facing side of the sunroom has a door to outside, so it gets a little less light. That said, should I provide some sort of supplemental lighting? There is a regular bulb socket on the ceiling and I am wondering if it would make any difference if I put an LED bulb in it, or something?

Comment

Unless your seedlings will be within 10" of the light, it won't supplement the sunlight at all.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X