Using multiple types of LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Using multiple types of LED

Hi everyone this is my first proper attempt at a grow, and first post here.
    I'm using a 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent.
    So I was using a 600w hps I bought but the plants were just seedlings and it was getting to hot and to expensive to use the hps. So i got a lend of a 1000w led from a friend,I'm pretty sure it's a cheap chinese lamp but it's got mostly red with blue and a few white bulbs in it, I was afraid it will not do the trick enough as I have not enough experience with led, so i added a 100w white led panel to the tent for extra light, but the white light is significantly brighter than the purple led so the glow in the tent sooms mostly white. Which gets to my question, am I disrupting the purple light with the white one? Or is that even possible? Are the plants going to benefit from both lights or am I just reducing the 1000w lumens in some way? Might be a stupid question but its be wrecking my head

I have included a pic of the plants, (ignore the runt in the centre haha) u can see the white light shining from the right and the purple more from above

Thanks for any help in advance

Sure you can use more than one type of LED (or other) light at once. The more watts the merrier up to a point. Check on that blurple fixture though- I'll bet you find it pulls 150w from the wall & that you'll need the white light as well. What make & size IS the white? Newer grow lights are gonna be more efficient than China cheap old style blurple.
    Last edited by JDU; 04-27-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

You can supplement cfl lamps in clip on fixtures in varied color temp from 3000k to 6500k

Comment

Ok so the purple one from China I actually dont know, there is no stickers or brand on it, it just has "LZ-ZWT" written on the actual light panel face so iv no idea if it's a totally 1000w or not, I'll attach a couple of pics too! I'll attach a picture of the white ones box, I just picked it up in a hard ware store, it seems to do the trick for seedlings, but now my plants are a bit bigger they seem to be moving towards the brighter white lite more. How can I know how much power it's actually pulling from the wall?

Comment

Here's some pics
          Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 of that exact light by 2 different brands. It's 150 from the wall. Mass produced & sold to whoever wants to put their name on it & market it.
            There is a unit- whose name escapes me- that you plug the appliance into that will tell you the draw.

Comment

Ah ok cool, how do they work for u? How many plants would u put under it and would u use it for the whole life cycle? Also cos it 150w at the wall what does that actually mean for how much light my plants are getting?

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                They are a nice little wattage boost & footprint extender. They only flower a.....? I think it was 1ftx1.5ft footprintRight now I have 2 small plants in flower so I'm just runnin the Mars 2000 & one blurple. When I move the nxt batch in I'll put the big'n in the middle & the 2 blurple on cross corners with my Mars ts600s on the other 2.
                You can use it from seed to harvest for sure. & yep that's the number that counts.
                Last edited by JDU; 04-28-2020, 05:17 PM.

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU. You talking about the “ kill-a-watt “ plug thing?

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Farmall that's the one

Stoven, that 600 HPS would rock your space as long as you could keep temps in check.
              Your working with about 10 sq ft of canopy, so you'd need about 500 watts of those panels.
              Another option that works well in a 3x3 is a 315w CMH fixture.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'd love to start using the hps but I'm just worried the power bill will be crazy, I'm thinking of using it when I change the light cycle to 12/12 but still not sure. Ideally I'd like to get another higher powered led but they are not the cheapest

Comment

Any advice for keeping my tent cool? I tried just leaving the doors of the tent open during lights on but it was still a bit too hot, I have the efficient air circulation for the size of my tent too

Comment

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Join the club 😕 My tents are hittin 85- 90 daytime. & it ain't even Summer yet. I plan on gettin a 2nd small air conditioner & runnin ducts to the tents. You can check utube they have some DIY swamp coolers from a 5gal bucket. I personally don't want that humidity during flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X