LED Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lights

Sorry to beat a dead horse. I'm trying to find an led panel light to use through the whole grow from start to finish. I'm only growing 1 plant. I live in Arizona in the Phoenix area. Can't toss a stone without hitting a dispensary so I cannot grow outside. The grow will be in an outbuilding so no AC, and I do not need heat either. Again, only one plant and no tent. I think I'll get some of that roll up silver insulation and stand it up around the plant to reflect on the plant more. *I will use fans when needed.
    I used to live off grid where I could grow. So the only lights I had (T-5 4' 8 bulbs) was to get them started then they went outside. The T-5s are too big for one plant so I recently got this cheap 1000 watt led box. https://www.amazon.com/Giixer-Spectr...s%2C233&sr=8-3
    ive tried to ready a lot of posts about leds and googled a lot but it seems it always just comes down to individual preference. I was always under the impression the more wattage the better. However, I recently read a post where some said that it's not about wattage but more about your setup to determine what lighting to use.
    so, here I am trying to figure out what I need. I do not feel the lights I have are good enough which is why I'm still looking. But I would like to stick with leds.
    Hopefully some of you can help me out.

thanks for any help

Welcome, Jimnaz
    Most of the girls I grow will fill a 2x2 area so I'm going to make a recommendation based on that.
    Using a simple metric to estimate power requirements: This is actual power used
    HPS, CMH or 'blurple' leds-50 watts/ sq ft
    Current tech diodes like those in QB's-30 watts/ sq ft
    Before you WASTE your money on garbage like you linked, either use a fixture from a reputable manufacturer in the US or I'd suggest alibaba for a Chinese knock-off.
    Two suppliers I've used with good results are meiju and kingbrite.
    I'd look at a 240w lm301 fixture. Should be able to source a fixture that will allow you to grow into it.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I have to say that I've had real good results using a Oneo "1000" watt. They actually draw 200 watts from the wall. $89. If you haven't purchased yet, check them out on Amzn. A good value in my opinion. And they are not a blurple light.

Comment

Wow! No one else has any suggestions?

Comment

Just switched up from viparspectra 2 x300 watt 1x450 watt full spectrum to a Marshydro Tsw2000 due the heat of the driver modules I had to relocate them outside of the tent huge difference in light and growth. I’m old school coming from the days of MH and HPS power bill 85 A month to 45 a month with Marshydro. Will be cropping out in 3 weeks so I’ll up date on yield. Last grow with viparspectras 3 plants in bubbleponics 14 ounces . hope there a at least a 25% increase
          tent size 2x4x5 6 inch intake fan on a controller . exhaust 6 inch carbon filter and controller .Marshydro tsw2000

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X