Broken Main Stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Broken Main Stem

1st time grower. I have 3 plants from bag weed. During watering a small piece of a nearby tree broke off and landed directly on my plant and snapped the main stem near the base. It didn’t fully separate but it was only hanging on by a thread. I immediately taped it like a casket, however the plant has extremely wilted away within a matter of minutes. Is there anything I can do to save the plant? Or maybe even the very bottom tier that hasn’t wilted away!?!?!? H - E - L - P !!!!

Have patience. Fret not, Sirtattor14 Breaks happen. Weed can recover from serious damage. It looks like you've taken good steps to take care. Keep the break moist. That's about all you can do at this point. I call that a celery break.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

You've done everything you need to, a splint to support the top might help speed the healing but the plant should bounce back. You might find it produces more too!

Comment

I always keep good old adhesive tape on hand for this problem, and I tape the stem up immediately, nice and tight. I've saved many a stem that way.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Similar to super cropping . Weed is a very resistant plant it will come back after a few days .I deal with a 5 foot ceiling so I super crop every plant haven’t lost any stocks or stems due to this process

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X