12 days to germinate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 days to germinate

Had ordered 10 seeds of Gypsy Widow by Exotic Seeds through Seedsman 9 months ago and had my first real failures to germinate. Only 1 of the 10 made it.
    Used the paper towel method inside a plastic container back on March 14th with 2 seeds. When they failed to show any life after 5 days I started 2 more. I then contacted Seedsman and they requested I try all 10 and wait a full 2 weeks before they would consider a refund or replacement.
    Up to this point I have had only 1 seed out of 40 fail to germinate.
    So out of the 10 only 3 showed a tap root but only 1 decided to grow once placed in a solocup. The others just turned black and died.
    The 1 that made it was in the paper towel for 12 days before it cracked and showed a root and 1 of the two originally started. 14 days before it was planted.
    I was so surprised it even made it this far. Now here we are April 27th and the little Gypsy has decided to show her stuff.
    She is looking real good and is now a candidate for the outdoor greenhouse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200427_095813_resized.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	638.6 KB
ID:	399172Click image for larger version

Name:	20200427_095806_resized.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	762.3 KB
ID:	399173

Seedsman was gracious and has sent me 10 replacement seeds of my choice so I have 5 each of Gelat OG Auto Fem and Peyote Gorilla fem photo on the way.

Moral of the story. Don't give up too soon on the seeds and deal with reputable suppliers.

12 days. That's pretty wild, she looks great maybe though. Hopefully she rewards your patience through germination at harvest! I also had a great experience with Seedsman customer service.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Seedsman has that top rating for a reason. I will never hesitate to consider ordering from them.

Damn. Hat's off for that kinda patience!! I was about to toss 2 no sprouts at 4days. I guess I'll give em a few more.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless Seedsman had requested 14 days for germination I would have never gone that long.
      It buggered my grow a bit for the photo tent but it's all working out now.

Good looking survivor!

I recently put a bagseed in a shotglass for 24h, then in papertowl in tupperware for about 4 days. No sign of life. Put her in dirt and in 48h she grew about 2" tall. Guess some ladies dont dig the paper.
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually my seeds are cracked in no longer then 36 hrs and often in less then 24 but ya some apparently need that extra time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X